Saturday, May 24, 2008

Not much new here!

Not much going on. I have been slowly getting through the mountain high pile of bindings that were waiting for me after our trip. I won't be back to work till
Tuesday, so by then I should be pretty well out of the hole! I did get a quilt done for the baby, The Very Hungry Caterpillar. I should have taken a picture, but when Donna is done working her magic I will definitely be posting it. That was my sons favorite book when he was little. I bought a hard book with the sweetest little caterpillar to go along with it.

Last Tuesday at work was Thank Goodness Susan Saved My Life Day, complete with cake..just no Orange Chicken! Since I couldn't find a sash with that on it, I made her Queen for the
day complete with tiara. What a good sport Susan is. She wore the sash and tiara all day..in fact I've heard that she pretty much is wearing it all the time! She even has the hand waving thing down really good.

I thought I would finish up our Washington trip with some more pictures. A beautiful home in Georgetown on our way to the Washington National Cathedral.......


The Cathedral is so beautiful and love this masonry work!!

Mt. Vernon...Washington's home..............


Some wonderful homes in the beautiful town of Staunton, Virginia. My kind of town!
The University of Virgina - wow!!! And here's a mother and son having a new student orientation. What an amazing place to go to school.......so much history!
A beautiful quilt from the 1800's - wonderful applique.

On the way to the airport my sister in law and myself talked the boys in to stopping at a quilt shop! The Artful Quilter which is featured in the new Quilt Sampler magazine. What a pretty shop with lots of wonderful samples and the ladies working there were so friendly!
Hopefully this week I will actually get some quilting done. I am only three months behind on my Christmas a month project....no problem, I see some potholders in my future:-)!
I hope everyone is having a great memorial day weekend and with our thoughts to all the men and woman who have served are country in the past and those who are currently serving to keep us all safe.

13 comments:

Leanne said...

Great holiday pics. Isn't the hungry caterpillar fabric sweet my friend is making a quilt out of it. Only 3 months behind on the xmas projects isn't too bad..... just add it to the to do list Ha Ha.

Ginger Patches said...

I had forgotten how much I love Georgetown. And those houses in what was it...Staunton? I want to live there with the weather we have here :) I'm with you on the potholder thing!!

Anonymous said...

I guess your lucky Susan was around huh?? Love her sash!!!

The Calico Cat said...

I "heart" Artful Quilter - far to dangerous for me to visit too often & I should start the Kit that I purchased form them last time...

Mar said...

great pictures Cheryl, love that appliqued quilt.

julieQ said...

Wonderful homes. We went to Mount Vernon and just loved it so much, especially the grounds. Isn't that a wonderful appliqued antique quilt? Lovely!

Nanette Merrill said...

I love old homes. I grew up in a 1898 row home with 4 stories. It was really huge and beautiful. Its sad that part of town isn't so nice now. Good memories though.

MARCIE said...

So glad to see you and Susan looking so happy! It kinda chokes me up. Your trip looks so fabulous. Did you get to Rachel's QS in Staunton? Great shop. It was in the Top Shops mad a year or so ago.

MARCIE said...

Make that Top Shops Magazine!

Kim said...

Oh my goodness, I'm so glad Susan saved your life! Yes, she definitely deserves the sash and tiara! I'm not sure where I've been, but wherever it was, I've gotten behind on reading blogs! Looks like you've had some wonderful travels and lots of stuff going on--like having your life saved! Hurray!

Lorraine said...

Loved the holiday pics.....good luck with catching up on the Christmas projects...pincushions...? ...and you gotta love a good potholder! will check out the Artful Quilter on the net.....

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Thanks for sharing your vacation with us. I love Rachel's Quilt Patch in Staunton, did you get a chance to stop by there? You're one busy lady these days.

Nan said...

Love the tiara and the sash, and Susan looks like she was born to wear them! I'm glad she was there to save you! Love all the photos of your trip - we didn't get to visit Mount Vernon, but next time we visit that area, it's on the top of my list. And, you got to visit a quilt shop! That makes any trip a good one, doesn't it? LOL!