Sunday, October 26, 2008

Gratitude

Once again a family very full of gratitude. We have had a couple weeks of worry and concern over John's dad. He was told two weeks ago that he might possibly have bone cancer. So a couple weeks of waiting for tests and then a few more days of waiting for results .....and I am very happy to report NO BONE CANCER. What a BIG, HUGE, GIANT RELIEF and a big old
WHEWWWWWWW from the whole family. We are very, very lucky and once again, life gets put in to perspective.
I was talking to Nan, well not talking but writing, but really honestly I feel like I am talking to her when I write..well anyway I was saying I just didn't feel like I had anything blog worthy!!!So I guess I will give a rundown of what has been happening here in Polka Dot land blog worthy or not!!!
PARCELS OUT -cottages on their way to Nanette and something also off to T! My third and final Secret Stitcher Angel giftie off and on it's merry way, plus a couple silly cards out the door. Bet you are wondering about this.....well we had a panel light in our kitchen that we have wanted to change for a loooooooong time. When I came back from the store one afternoon, retirement man had ripped it out and started on the job of rewiring, sanding and prepping for paint and texture - YIPEE!!! Very exciting and I can't wait for the finished results.
Bindings - 3 actually, but it's too late to get pictures of the other two. This time of year business really picks up! My Turkey and Merry Christmas quilts are back from being quilted and they are wonderful, so a couple of my own bindings to get done..another yipee!!!

Today was a fun day at the zoo sharing the giraffes with some big and little friends. What a great day and that baby has grown a couple feet already!! Had a wonderful lunch at The Elephant Bar - where else would we eat :-)??

Driving home I definitely found something that was blog worthy ........... when I drove by early in the morning on the way to the zoo it was $3.09 at the same station. With only 1/2 tank I definitely made a stop and did a little happy dance at the same time!! Then my final stop was at Vons for some dinner fixins. The deal of the day, get your flu shot and you get 10% off at the register. Now how could I possibly pass up that deal! Hope that everyone is thinking flu shots!!

Wishing you all a great start to your week and in the words of Mrs. Goodneedle....Life Is Good!!See you later alligators!

17 comments:

Purple and Paisley said...

you are ALWAYS blog worthy...=)...and something for me? yipes! so not necessary but i can't wait! =)))))

Abby and Stephanie said...

So glad of the good news! I can identify with the light thing...our house had one of those when we bought it. Reminds me of fluorescent lighting you see in gas station bathrooms. My husband removed ours when we renovated our kitchen. Handy hubbys are awesome. Thanks for sharing giraffe pics. :o)

Anonymous said...

Gas prices are lower here too and yesterday hubby filled up for $2.29 a gallon, lowest we've found. I hope the low prices last a while.

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Happy news, indeed! Life IS Good!! You're always full of blog-worthy news and notes, keep 'em comin'! Hugs.

Carol said...

Oh Cheryl I'm doing the dance for your whole family...that is wonderful news about FIL!!!!!!!
Look how big that baby is getting...just amazing! We are always so happy to hear from you...you are always blog worthy! We miss you when you're gone. My sentiments exactly...Life is very good!

Kim said...

For having nothing to blog about.. I think you did a great job keepin my interest!! Great news for you FIL :) I love your snowman quilt!! I am partial to snowmen.. LOL I got gas today for $2.77 WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!

Nan said...

I was wondering what you'd heard, but didn't want to ask - WOO HOO!! Great news - Life IS Good!
Love the giraffe photos - such a pretty baby! I love the quilts you made - they are just too cute.
Isn't it great about the gas prices?
I can't wait to see the new light in your kitchen - I bet you can't either! You are always blog worthy, Cheryl!

Carrie P. said...

Great news! Love your Thanksgiving and Christmas quilts.

Red Geranium Cottage said...

I'm glad your FIL is ok. Man you have had your share of scares haven't you? What's next??
Cute quilts you finished there. Your ready for the holidays now.
And way to go retired man doing all those chores around the house. Are you ready to go back to work yet retired man?? LOLOL!!!
I paid $2.78 cents a gallon today for gas. WOOHOOO

Calamity Jane's Cottage, Bonnie said...

Cheryl you have so much blogworthyness to talk about. Is that a word? I'm so glad to hear about your family news, Yea!!! Gotta thank the man upstairs for the news. Isn't it nice to have the gas prices down. Your quilts are gorgeous.
Keep Stitchen'
Bonnie

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

Glad to hear there is good news in your home! That little one of yours is just too cute!! I stopped by Nanette's blog and saw the beautiful thread catcher you made for her. Do you sell them? I would love to get one.

Ginger Patches said...

Oh that's good news about John's dad! I love the Elephant Bar although I haven't been in a long time bet you had a yummy lunch. I saw gas today for 2.55--makes me very happy :)

Carole said...

Glad to read that all is back to well in your family. We won't talk about the price of gas in NY. Although Price Chopper has this fuel advantage program and the other day I paid $1.69 a gallon. I had accumulated enough on my card for such a discount! Doing a bit of catchup here. Cute Pumpkin! Looks like you and Sharon had a great time. Life is indeed good! Cheers!

jen duncan said...

Hi Cheryl! I've been down in Monterey for the past few days. Yeah--life could be worse! Glad life is good down your way...glad for all of us that the dollar side of gas can actually be a two again! woo HOO!!

V and Co. said...

yay! i love meeting fellow quilters! thank you for your comment it really means a lot! you are a great quilter! i could learn a lot from you!

julieQ said...

I am so glad for your good news!! Gas is now...2.19/gallon! I can at last afford to fill up!

Nanette Merrill said...

I paid 2.22 today but it is cheaper around town I hear. The cottages are off! You should get yours very soon. It has been very fun. It is always nice to read what is going on in Polka Dots and Rick Rack land.