Saturday, December 13, 2008

Merry Quilting

Great little sign, and yep there has been some Merry Quilting going on around here, and some merry binding!! Christmas just seems to have snuck up on me this year. Funny, it does come the same time ever year!!!

First off, my mail person has been very, very good to me! Lissa, who is Director of Marketing for Moda, wrote me a while back that she had come across my blog and liked the name, and was wondering if she could send me some goodies. WOWIE......believe me I did a BIG old happy dance after finding a box marked MODA at my doorstep. Look at the wonderful moda polka dot fabrics tied up all pretty with rick rack!!! She said it was an random act of Moda! Her blog is really wonderful with lots of talk of all things Moda. What a wonderful job she has. Thank you, thank you Lissa!!!!! Then my goodies from the giveaway I won at Dandelion Quilts. Kris, again WOWIE!!! Aren't those towels wonderful and that apron book is amazing, a sweet bundle of fabrics and the best ever smellin' holiday soap you could ever imagine. If that all wasn't enough, my Secret Santa giftie arrived all tied up pretty in rick rack....be still my heart!! More mail than a girl deserves in a week!

There has been some Merry Quilting going on around here. I added a couple more rows to my Old Fashioned Charm quilt, made a couple quickie runners, finished up Luke's stocking, made a Ho, Ho, Ho that has been shipped out, and took this really fun, fast and easy curvy runner class. You do a quick turn finish and then stitch in the ditch to quilt (have to do this part still), so somebody will be finding this under the Christmas tree!

Ok, some proud bragging here!!! Nanette from Freda's Hive was one of the winners in Fons and Porters baby quilt contest. Her wonderful baby quilt is featured in their new Baby Quilts Magazine. That is one sweet baby quilt, and the magazine is just brimming with great baby quilts. Nanette is always a great source of inspiration!

Late one night I was doing a little blog hopping and I came across this really great tutorial on how to make this fantastic holiday bag. While I know I can't make it this year, it will go right to top of projects for next Christmas. I emailed Pat and with her permission I am using her photo, with a link to her wonderful tutorial. Visiting her blog I found a recipe for stuffed peppers using Corned Beef Hash ......yummmmmmy, already tried it!!! Thanks Pat.

Another great blog with great tutorials is Terry Atkinson's...and we all LOVE her patterns. This is her pattern for the Best Press bottle cover . I made this for Miss Red Geranium, and this is her picture that I stole from her blog!!! Oh no, I guess I should be expecting the blogging police at my door soon. For a quickie present for one of your quilting buds, I highly recommend this!! Fast, fun and CUTE!! Terry has so much wonderful info on her blog, along with the tutorial for the Best Press Bottle cover.
I just couldn't end my post without some baby Polka Dot goodness!!! Here's our boy playing Wii with granddad one night and here's our sweet family last night...they were picking out their Christams tree...so fun!!

Starting today we are heading in to a week of parties.....yipeee!!!! Christmas tea with a couple quilting friends today, Christmas parties Monday and Tuesday, the Nutcracker with my girl on Wednesday and our family party the following Saturday, our favorite.....to all be together:-)! I just love Christmas!!! Hope there is lots of Merry Quilting and Christmasing going on for everyone!!

24 comments:

Dandelion Quilts said...

Goodness, you have been busy! Thanks for the tutorial links...I love tutorials and both of those look fantastic. BTW, that Luke is too cute. What a neat runner you made...curvy! That looks anything but easy. It is very cool. I love all of the projects...

Purple and Paisley said...

did luke beat granddad at wii? lol...he is a cutie...and the pic of him with his mom and dad? what a beautiful family!

Unknown said...

Wow, lots happening at the Rick Rack home! Lots and lots of goodies and of course I would not expect a post to be a post without Luke! Cuter than ever!

Leanne said...

Wow so much goodness in one post...wishing you and your family a safe a merry Xmas.... this will be a special one with baby Luke around...I'm amazed at how much he has grown.

jen duncan said...

Wow! Makes me wanna make an I Love Money post! lol. Just kidding. Glad the good tidings are falling all around you Cheryl. No one deserves it more! Adorable family...have big fun partying this week!

Kris Meares - Tag Along Teddies said...

Hey Cheryl! WOW! Your postie deserves a great big kiss for delivering all those goodies! And how wonderful to receive the dotty fabrics from Moda - wonderful surprise!! And lets face it, who can resist polka dots and ric rac - I seem to be going throgh a particularly dotty phase at the moment and ammassing lots of dotty fabrics - might even use them instead of just looking at them one day! Tee! Hee! Hee! Bear Hugs! KRIS

Carol said...

What wonderful mail goodness...thanks for the tutorial link...that Best Press cover is great...love it. Look at little Luke...he is growing sooooooo fast. What a cutie, cutie pie.

Calamity Jane's Cottage, Bonnie said...

Hi Cheryl,
It's so good to see you are doing well and sewing so much. Great gifties and thank you for showing us some great tutorials.
Merry Christmas,
Bonnie

Red Geranium Cottage said...

Oh my goodness!! You are one lucky girl. And who had time for work?? Good thing your retired. Moda goodness came your way huh?? WOWZER! Love me some Moda. I love my spray bottle holder you made me.
Great projects your working on and that new family photo is adorable.!!!
Have fun at your parties and tea. I'm glad your enjoying your retirement, I knew you would!

Kris said...

Enjoy your parties!

Carrie P. said...

Great read on your blog today. It's definitly Christmas at your house.

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

What an inspiring post! What lovely mail goodies you ahve been receiving. Little Luke is so cute - what a fun Christmas you will be having this year! Enjoy all your parties and the lead up to Christmas - we are going to the Nutcracker this week too!

Nan said...

What a merry and bright post, Cheryl! Love the goodies you have received, and the wonderful Christmas shopping bag - thanks for the link!
Sounds like you are a very busy girl this week with so many fun things planned. A very Merry Ho Ho Ho to you!!!!

Lorraine said...

wow...you must wonder how you ever fitted in the time to work!...LOL...lovely random act from Moda...wow...lucky your! Will be sure to check out the tutorials - there are some really great projects out there....I am still looking out for one that creates more time in the day..! you have been so busy and just heading into a round of Christmas parties....enjoy!....Little Luke is just gorgeous...but you already know that!....his first Christmas will be exciting for him (and his family!)

Unknown said...

I love your blog full of crafty info . Tell me if I change my blog name to "I love Moda" do you think they would send me their warehouse ? lol
Clare's Craftroom

Pat said...

What wonderful things to come your way! Thank you for mentioning my tutorial for the Christmas bag. It is is kinda close to C-day to start sewing on one -- but us quilters have been known to do something like that! LOL

I will put a reminder on my blog in July about the Christmas bag.

Enjoy that cutie patootie of a grandson -- a 1st Christmas -- how very special.

Nanette Merrill said...

Thank you Cheryl. Love this post. Not just because I was in it but it was fun to read - darling family you've got. Such fun stuff at The Rick Rack.

Ginger Patches said...

Wow! You lucky girl you...a package of random kindness from MODA??? I'm a little green lol!! Luke is as usual adorable!!!

julieQ said...

Wow, sounds like you have been so very busy! I love Christmas too. It must have been great fun to open the Moda box!! Merry Christmas!

Jantine said...

You are so lucky! All those Polka Dot goodies from Moda. Time to sew and the most gordious grandson!

Victoria Findlay Wolfe said...

You've been busy! thanks for finding me! Fun blog. how lucky you are to get a box from MODA! how awesome!

Hey Santa! where's mine?

Red Geranium Cottage said...

HEY!!!!! Where are the snow photos!!! I've been waiting all friggin day.

Anonymous said...

Merry Quiltmas, Cheryl! Love all the goodies you're leading me to. I want to make them all!

Huge congrats on the Lissa/Moda love! Whoo whoo! I get the feeling that Lissa isn't just the marketing director at Moda... but she's more the head elf at Santa Dunn's North Pole!

Terry said...

Thanks so much for the link to Terry's blog! I've been wanting to make a notebook holder and her airplane art binder instructions are just perfect! :0)