Sunday, August 30, 2009

Some Wonderful Mail!!

Don't you just love getting mail.....I sure do!! First off I got the sweetest Christmas Tea Towel from my swapper friend Rosie. Love the rick rack on there and also a yummy recipe for Apple Cake. As soon as our weather cools down I will be making this great recipe. Rosie must have peeked on my blog to find out that I LOVE Christmas. This swap was courtesy of Kelly of the Charming Girls Tea Towel Swap. Thanks Rosie my swap goodies are so so wonderful.!

Then there was this goodie box from Miss Sharon and this was what was inside for me and this was what was inside for Baby Polka Dot for his first birthday. Oh my word, does he ever love this bear. It plays the song Put Another Candle On The Birthday Cake....those of you old like me will remember that from the Sheriff John days. Baby Polka Dot loves to play that song over and over, and thank you Miss Sharon...I think it is permanently stuck in my head!!!! And you might want to pop over to Miss Sharon's to see why we will really be calling her Miss Sharon! I love the stitchery and those cute star decorations....and a cheese ball mix...I am nuts for cheese balls! Thanks to you Sharon from the bottom of our hearts!

That's all for me...not one speck of quilting. Mr. Polka Dot and I are having way too much fun with this retirement business. I am off for a bit of time to relax in some cooler weather. Wishing you all a very happy week!

12 comments:

Searchfamilies said...

What lovely gifts to arrive in the mail yes i love getting packages in the mail even if it fabric i have ordered there is just something fun about opening up packages lol
Hugs Janice

Anne Heidi said...

Your swap goodies are so nice, swaps are so much fun :-) And Miss Sharon sure sent you some sweet goodies as well, love the birthday picture, what a handsome little boy!

Carol said...

What wonderful goodies! Isn't retirement just the BEST? And we were all so nervous about it...Look at that Baby Polka Dot...what a cutie pie!

Unknown said...

Getting mail is terrific, especially when it is mail like you received. Have fun with Mr. Polka Dot this week!

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

I love fun mail. And you got DOUBLE fun mail! Enjoy your week with Mr. Polka Dot.

QuiltSue said...

Any packages are good, but when they are unexpected it's even better. You really got some great things there.

Nanette Merrill said...

I'm glad you are having a lovely time. That is so important at our stage of life. Someday I hope I can join that club.

Allie said...

That is some wonderful mail! What a lovely bear for Baby Polka Dot!

Thimbleanna said...

Oooh, some great mail -- Miss Sharon is the best. And Baby Polka Dot is looking too cute!

Ginger Patches said...

Oh some fun gifties for you :) Where are you going for cooler weather??? I want to come! I am so ready for it to cool down!!!

Ginger Patches said...

Oh some fun gifties for you :) Where are you going for cooler weather??? I want to come! I am so ready for it to cool down!!!

Red Geranium Cottage said...

I must tell you, I had NEVER heard of that song before. lol I swear I hadn't. But now it's stuck in my head forever. That bear just had to go home with me. The people in the store were getting mad at me for playing it over and over.
Glad you liked your goodies. I had fun picking them out for you.
Hope your having fun. We miss you.
Baby Polka Dot is adorable!! But then you know that right?