Sunday, April 13, 2008

Some quilts, a cool new notion, some this and some that!

It's Sunday already, wow hard to believe. This has been one crazy busy week. No matter how many lists I make I don't seem to be checking things off that I want to get done....I have finally decided just to live in the moment :-)!!


First off, here's a couple quilts that I managed to finish for work. This daisy quilt is so quick and easy, and doing the raw edges on the flowers makes it even faster! The sweet little ME quilt was also fast and fun, and I think the red Swell fabric goes great out on the border. What a fast charm square quilt.

Another big week for the binding business. Here's a few pictures of quilts I did for Roxanne, one of my customers. Great quilts!the picture is not very good of the one on the left. Sweet little Christmas stitcheries.


Here's a runner and quilt that belong to Jan. Good inspiration seeing all these amazing quilts.
This week I had a wonderful package waiting for me on the porch. It's from Leanne in Australia. I had sent her a copy of my Kindness Matters stitchery which she already finished. There's a great picture over on her blog. Thanks Leanne! There is a really cute T quilt in the Homespum magazine that I just have to make, and the Christmas Stitchery quilt is a must! Now mind you I haven't forgotten about my Christmas project of the month. OK, I am behind on March's and haven't started April's.......but I will, I will!!!!!

Friday was a girls day out for shopping. And shopping we did. I came across this cool new notion. I am a notion freak! This is a needle case from John James called the Pebble. John James are my favorite needles that I use for putting bindings on, and what a great idea this case is. Besides look how stinkin' cute it is.

I decided there were some items I wanted to take to Goodwill. Time to get the closets cleaned out and also things from the garage that need a good home. Loaded up the PT with goodies. While I was waiting in line I ran in to an old friend and we got to chatting. She noticed I had a wooden shelf in my car that she liked....well she also had a iron shelf that I really liked so we did a swapperoooo right there while waiting in line. How great is this?! I love it, love it, and especially the hooks at the bottom. I spent the afternoon dragging it all around the house looking for the perfect spot to put it. At this point it probably will go in the bathroom, but we'll see!
A quick report from the island where our girl is! Her trip over on the boat was really, really rough. The text I got from her was "it's like a 2 hour roller coaster ride"! Yikes, but she got there safe and sound. She has spent the first four days not feeling so well, but yesterday she reported doing much better.




What a relief! I was about to get out the supermom cape and to a flyover :-)! Just like the days I would swoop in to school to rescue her....Katie, how do you put up with me! So nice to see her smiling face and great to know she is feeling better!
Guess I have talked your ears off! Just feeling a little chatty today. Kris at Dandelion Quilts has tagged me for 7 weird or random things about myself so I am going to have to think about this for a bit......there are soooo many where do I start? Also just got off the phone with Susan who I work with on Tuesdays. She has started up her own blog, SeeSueSew, what a great name is that! I am so excited. Not only is she fun to work with she is probably one of the best teachers I have been around. She will be teaching at Road To California next January. Please hop on over and give her a bloggy welcome!!!!!

Hope your week gets off to a great start and that you get some stitching done here and there!! Later alligators.

19 comments:

Donna said...

Cheryl
Your quilt looks wonderful, I know you showed it to me. It looks great on you site. I checked out seesuesew,her site will be great

CONNIE W said...

Gorgeous quilts! Yummmm

PamKittyMorning said...

Love all your photos, everything is so cheery!

And the mom-swooping.. I know all about that. xo

Lorraine said...

Ha Ha ..... "mom-swooping" - I love that expression...colour me guilty,guilty,guilty!!My son has called it other things at times! LOL but I can't help it... great quilts - the little ME one is so pretty....I don't think I have come across the needles you use..will have to investigate! I am a needle "freak" have to have good needles! Will stop by and have a look at seesuesew - I agree, great name! Enjoy your week!

Eileen said...

Picking my jaw off the floor. That daisy quilt is stunning! SO CUTE!

Dandelion Quilts said...

So many goodies to be inspired by...thanks for sharing.

Andrea said...

Great post and fantastic quilts - I LOVE the daisy quilt ! I have loads of 30's fabrics that need using up ...

Leanne said...

I do love that daisy quilt it is so bright and cheerful.

Ginger Patches said...

LOVE all your pretty quilts!!! Wow it looks to me like you've been getting plenty done :) I love the Swell with the ME. I'm glad you're baby girl is feeling better and you didn't have to do any "swooping" lol..great expression!

Nanette Merrill said...

great stuff, loved the quilts, that daisy is so so cute

Sherry said...

I love your Daisy quilt & that ME quilt with the Swell, they are both just too cute! Also loved the quilts by Roxanne & Jan, thanks for sharing all the great pics. Glad your daughter is feeling better, best if you don't have to do any "swooping"! LOL

Auntie Darla said...

IS that Daisy Pattern at the shop??? When is the ME Jolly going to arrive for the rest of us???? I saw a cake layer/charm quilt I want to do.... Missed seeing you... I'll be back again the first weekend in May.....

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Gorgeous quilts, you're always and forever tempting us with goodies, too! That Pebble is cool indeed!

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Gorgeous quilts, you're always and forever tempting us with goodies, too! That Pebble is cool indeed!

Anonymous said...

That quilt with the yo yo's looks like one I could make fast. I will assume you didn't cut the 5 inch charms down. I think I can figure it out from the picture.
Beth in Texas .. ya'all

Cheryl said...

Hi Beth!! Yep, 5" charms. Easy, smeasy!! Thanks for stopping by.

Anonymous said...

Ooh I love the daisy quilt! It's so cheerful and sunny.

Carole said...

Wow! You've been busy! Beautiful quilts! Just lovely! Keep well!

Nan said...

Love the quilts you made for work - they turned out so cute! Also love all the quilts your customers created - I agree, what great inspiration!
What a great swap you made, too - I'm loving that shelf!
Ah yes, how many times have I wanted to be SuperMom? Too many!