Saturday, November 12, 2011

Lot’s Going On!

The Dots are on their way over, staying still Monday.  Their Mommy and Daddy are headed to San Francisco for the 49er game tomorrow, with best friends from high school.  We will be having our own fun!!!  Lots of train construction happening, reading books and PLAYING!!!!!

011

The there’s this going on!!  This picture only means one thing ….. QUILT CAMP!!!!   I’m heading out Monday for four days with the Quilt In A Day girls.  I am so excited to see my friend Annie and catch up with everyone else.  Now don’t be laughing at me, but that blue box on the left is filled with TONS of projects….I see you laughing!!  Not very big things but lots of sweet things I have been dying to make.  I finally will have something quilty to post next week.  I know..about time!

I love tin signs, don’t know why but I do.  A sweet friend gifted me with this one012.  She is always saying my binding business is like The Little Engine That Could, and this reminded her of that!

 

Thought I would share another recipe. I got th007is off of Pinterest and it is so yummy.  Even The Dots liked it.

Crock Pot Teriyaki Chicken

12 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 3 pounds); 3/4 cup sugar; 3/4 cup soy sauce; 6 tablespoons cider vinegar;  3/4 teaspoons ground ginger; 3/4 teaspoon minced garlic; 1/4 teaspoon pepper; 4 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch; 4 1/2 teaspoons cold water; Hot cooked long grain rice.

Place chicken in a 4 qt. slow cooker.  In a large bowl, combine the sugar, soy sauce, cider vinegar, ginger, garlic and pepper.  Pour over chicken.  Cover and cook on low for 4 to 5 hours or until the chicken is tender.  Remove chicken to a serving platter; keep warm.  Skim fat from cooking liquid.  Place liquid in a saucepan and bring to a boil.  Combine cornstarch and water until smooth.  Gradually stir  into liquid and stir until sauce is thickened.  Serve with chicken and rice!!  SO YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMY!!

Wishing you all a great weekend.  I’m off to wait for my guys to arrive!

8 comments:

Darlene said...

First the sweet Dots are coming to play and then you're going to play with your sweet friends - my goodness you're going to be a major sugar high. LOL

Have lots of fun - looking forward to hearing all about it.

Kris said...

I didn't know you had a binding business! Have fun with your little dots and also at quilt camp you lucky lady!

Carol said...

OMG Enjoy your time with the Dots...I can just imagine all of the train fun you're going to have...and then your wonderful retreat...Have a blast! Can't wait to hear all about it and see pictures. What a yummy recipe!

Dandelion Quilts said...

Thanks for the recipe....sounds good to me!

Dandelion Quilts said...

Oh,and enjoy the lil dots!!

Chookyblue...... said...

have a fun time with the little dots and then at quilt camp...........

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

Thanks for the recipe. I'll add to my list to try. Have fun on your retreat!

Thimbleanna said...

Wait -- weren't the Dots just there? I'll bet you've had fun with them. Hope you have a great time at quilt camp!