Thursday, November 3, 2011

Pumpkins!

Last night was my friendship group….those girls are so much fun!!  Anywho, at the quilt shop they are hosting a six week holiday workshop.  Some projects will be Xmas goodies, and some not.  Last night it was pumpkin making night.  They were so much fun to make and so easy.  I started with 007 one, and couldn’t stop, so I ended up with three sweet pumpkins. Theresa and Joan had all the fixins for us.  They even had sewn the seam on the pumpkin tube.  We just had to gather the ends, stuff and add the stems, leaves and raffia.  LOVE THEM!!!!  Each week the projects are a surprise.  We tried and tired to get a clue, but no luck!  Can’t wait to see what we make next.

One thing I love about doing bindings is getting to see all the wonderful projects.  Here is one of my very favorite Xmas projects that my friend Sue made…..Donder and Blitzen005.  I heart this quilt!!  The fabrics are absolutely yummy and even better you can get a kit here…..Hollyhill Quilt Shoppe in Oregon.  Sue did a beautiful job on the piecing and buttonholing……I’m definitely going make this one!

On the home front, Mr. P. is putting a garden railroad in the backyard.  Construction has started and the train and tracks are down….004

here the  men folk are checking out the wheels..what is it with boys and wheels??  There will be landscaping happening and buildings to be built and lots of good times ahead.  Little Dot supervised from his favorite spot….the jungle gym!!  001

One day I’m going to surprise everyone and actually quilt something…hoping I can remember!  Happy Thursday everyone!

9 comments:

Kris said...

Oh Cheryl, those pumpkins are adorable! And what a fun thing to do at the shop! What shop do you frequent mostly. The one you worked at in Redlands? I so need to get myself involved with a friendship group again and get immersed and inspired!!! Love the Xmas quilt too. So cute. A railroad in the yard! My grandson would go nuts!!!
Cute Dot....so cute!!!
XO Kris

Valspierssews said...

Some people are so clever. That pumpkin design is so simple but it looks fabulous. I love the fabrics. Donder and Blitzen have such cute faces. I have never seen a garden railway. What a great idea.

Annelies said...

I love that quilt that Sue made...and remember her making one. So I am guessing your garden RR is an LGB??? Just one more thing we have in common (G)!!! See you VERY soon. XXX

Carol said...

OMG a railroad in your backyard...Hampton would FLIP! Love those pumpkins and Sue's quilt is wonderful!

Terry said...

Cute pumpkins! And how fun to have a train set up in your backyard! :0)

Kelly@ Charming Chatter said...

Oh my gosh - I heart those pumpkins! Can you tell us the name of the pattern? Those are too Ca-ute!! Can't wait to see more of the garden train - how fun-and what sweet little Dots :) :)!!! Hugs!

deb said...

what a cute project!!!! that train is gonna be awesome!!!
LOVE that little quilt!!!

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

cute pumpkins and even cuter little Dots! :)

Nanette Merrill said...

oh my gosh! love love donner and blitzen