Monday, August 27, 2012

May I Introduce you To Mr. Frank…..

 011 ……that would be Mr. Frank N. Stein (eyes and stitches to follow after quilting)!.  The back story…..I emailed my partner in crime, Darlene, and told her I had the case of the blahs.   Her advice… pick a project that is ready to go, something fun, and get to working on it!!!!  I won this Mr. Frank N. Stein kit at camp a couple years ago and have had him all cut out.  He has gone back and forth to a couple other camps, and sadly I never worked on him.  So with Darlene’s friendly advice, I pulled him out and got the top pieced!  I would have never picked that wild shirt fabric, but I’m thinking he’s a wild kind of dude!!  Thanks and hugs Darlene for being such a good bloggy friend!

047

I was the very lucky winner of a giveaway at Carol’s…this sweet 2 1/2 square charm pack of Christmas Spirit.   I already have a plan for them…a couple candle mats for Christmas presents.  Carol had the most wonderful Christmas in July parade….a project every day.  Have a peek here at what she made.  Now starting this week, she is doing a week of Fall/Halloween!!!  I can’t wait to see what she has in store for us.

009

Now I’m excited….two Christmas quilts back from the quilters just waiting for binding!!  Couldn’t help myself, I just had to put polka dots on the back of one!

christmasthroughtheyearbutton

We are heading in to our last week of August and another Christmas Through The Year giveaway.  Darlene will have Mr. Linky up on the 31st and we can’t wait to see what goodies you have made this month.  Happy week everyone!!!

10 comments:

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

LOVE Frank! I can't wait to see him all done up. good for you for doing something FUN in the sewing room. I haven't been in there all summer long. I'm very bummed about it. Hopefully this weekend will get things turned around and I can go in there and play for some time.

Carol said...

I love Mr. Frank...what fun! And your Christmas quilts are out of this world!

Anonymous said...

love Frankinstein,he looks great,congrats on your win Cheryl and i look forward to seeing what you make with it.xx

Terry said...

I love Frank! Good for you getting him put together! :0)

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Love the 'party stylng' Frankie = reminds me of the dance fever shirt! Great Christmas quilts.

Carrie P. said...

Oh, your quilts are fabulous.

Darlene said...

Mr Frank N. Stein is a handsome dude. LOL Way to go, Mz Dot!!!

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your Christmas quilts. I need to make both of those - yes I do. :-)

Kris said...

You are "sew" inspirational!!!
XO Kris

Ribbon Candy Quilts said...

super cute!!! I love Halloween, need to get that pattern. Would you tell me where I can get the Christmas ornament quilt pattern that you have pictued on your blog? LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it. thanks

Dandelion Quilts said...

Love Frank! Totally cute. Hope all is well with you!