Thursday, August 30, 2012

Sometimes You Just Need A Friendly Nudge……Schnibbles, Christmas and Star Finishes!!!

 ayos 2012 button Last week when I had the blahs, Darlene suggested I pick a project and work on it….that was very good advice!!  Then she also suggested we both work on our Schnibbles for the month, encouraging each other to finish.  More good advice!!!  This months pattern was Dimestore.  I used Monster Bash by Moda.  Such a fun easy pattern to do..Miss Rosie strikes again!  Another great pattern.003 Now I’m excited to see what Sinta and Sherri pick for September.  Thanks for the great advice Darlene!!!

“Two blocks a month” was Terry’s idea for the Scrappy Stars Group…August is the first month.008 

Tonight I finished block one, and part of the second.  Tomorrow I will complete block two and post an update here!!!   Such a fun block to make, and I can’t believ007e I’m actually cutting in to my 30’s stash. UPDATE…9:45 p.m. 8/31, second block done!!  Whewwww, under the wire…YIPPPPEEE!!!

 

christmasthroughtheyearbutton

Month eight is a wrap for Christmas Through The Year.  At the beginning of the month I made 009three more Ten 

 

Minute Table Runners.  Then tonight I put the binding on a Christmas

007

 

quilt that I made last November….once again, why didn’t I do that last year?..hmm!  Oh well, easy peasy presents for me this month!  The  Christmas quilt will count as a finish for Sew It’s Finished.  If you are playing along with  Christmas Through The Year remember to link up over at Darlene’s.  Saturday I will pick this months giveaway winner.   OK, that’s a wrap for me…I’m tuckered out from all this catching up I did today!!!  Happy weekend everyone.

9 comments:

Sisbabestitches said...

Great christmas quilt, and now you have a 'new' quilt for this year with hardly any effort, lovely.

Terry said...

Your Monster Bash quilt is beautiful! And I LOVE your star block! It looks fabulous in those fabrics! :0)

Christine M said...

I love your scrappy star. The fabrics look fantastic!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Whoot! You have been a busy lady!

Darlene said...

Woohoo - lots of great stuff.

Kris said...

I wish you lived by me and could get me to do some Christmas projects!!!!!!
XO Kris

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

Love your scrappy stars! :-)

Carol said...

What a wonderful Christmas quilt! Love your stars...how did I miss that? I wonder if I can still play? And you Dimestore is AWESOME! You've gotten tons done!

Dandelion Quilts said...

Cool stars! Fun project.