Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Houston we have a problem........and the WINNER is

I am up early at the crack of dawn to pick the winner and...............................my computer will not power up. UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!! It has never done this before, and pleasssssssse not today of all days. So I go about my business hoping that it will eventually work, and FINALLY, it does. Way to give me a heart attack :-)!!

So without further adue here we go. I enlisted the help of my trusty buddy Checkers (I know I ripped this idea off from someone else----but it was so clever I had to do it). He immediately grabs an entry ...... he can't wait to see who the winner is....hey Checkers you have to let go of it!!! He can't resist the baby carrots.......and the winner is
Jeanne of luv2stitch blog fame!
Jeanne I will email you and as soon as I get your address I will get the quilt in the mail to you. Thanks to everyone for playing along, and again it's wonderful to meet so many new bloggers!

I love these windmills, mainly because it means I'm about 30 minutes away from seeing my daughter! We
had the best day ever. Great lunch and then SHOPPING! We got a great deal on a wool coat for her. Then it was off to the Nutcracker. It was so much fun to see all the moms with their little girls all dressed up in their beautiful Christmas dresses and to remember how not that long ago that was us. My girl was only 3 years old when I took her to her first Nutcracker and I think after the first act she fell asleep, but it was a tradition that we carried on for several years until we moved. For my birthday this year that was her gift for me.....nice to start the tradition again. I am so lucky to have such a wonderful daughter who now has truly turned in to my best friend. The day was spent with lots of laughing and sharing of what is going on in our lives........I think she knows me better than I know myself :-)! I am so proud of the woman she has become! I love you gobbie girl!
Later alligators!!

13 comments:

Carole said...

Congrads to Jeanne! Sounds like a wonderful day with your dd! Lovely!

PamKittyMorning said...

Glad you had a fun day!

Red Geranium Cottage said...

Congrats to the lucky winner!!! Enjoy that quilt.

Anonymous said...

Glad you and Katie had a gareat day

Fiona said...

Lucky Jeanne - she will love your quilt.

Darlene said...

Congrats to Jeanne!

A great day with your DD, indeed!

Thimbleanna said...

Congratulations Jeanne! I've just caught up with your blog and even more exciting -- Congratulations to YOU!!! A Grandma!!! HOW EXCITING!!!!

Jeanne said...

Lucky Jeanne, indeed! I still think it is a dream that I won this quilt. I have bought raffle tickets for years and never won a quilt, but here I just left a comment and WOW I'm a winner. I love blogs. >G<

Kim said...

Congratulations Jeanne...

Sherry said...

Congrats Jeanne.

atet said...

What a fun day -- and what a special bond you have with your daughter!

Nan said...

Congrats to the winner - lucky girl!
You're a lucky girl, too, to have such a wonderful relationship with your obviously wonderful daughter! I'm glad you two had such a great day - how could you not?

Mary Anne said...

Congratulations Jeanne !!!! the rest of us are a smidge jealous, but don't let that spoil your fun !