Sunday, December 2, 2007

It's starting to look like Christmas around here!

Only 9 days left till the drawing. I can't wait to see who wins!! I appreciate all the well wishes and fun comments. I am feeling so much better, must be all the blog love :-)! I'm off the pain pills and still happy to be giving the quilt away, so no one can blame the medication anymore!! I will pick the winner at the break of dawn on December 12. If you would like to be included in the fun, just leave a comment. Thanks Sharon for helping me to spread the word!!!!!

What a great weekend. Yesterday was a work day for me. Doe and Sharon came by for a visit. We don't see much of Doe, she is working way too much. Lots of gabbing and laughing of course. Sharon brought me the most yum, yum, yummy cookies (and look at the cute bowl)!! Dark chocolate stars with white sprinkles, oh my word. The box of cookies was rather large, but have to say now there are only a handful left....I see a trip to Trader Joe's in my future.

Saturday night my sons dog spent the night. The kids had a fancy, smancy dinner to go to for his work. Today I decided to get a little Christmas decorating done, or should I say start decorating. I am so behind. Nice that I had such a good helper! If Santa needs a backup reindeer I know who he can call! I can't beleive how she sat still
for the picture! I'm thinkin she was liking those antlers.


My Christmas salt and pepper collection from my kids and friends. I love them all, but I definitely need a bigger shelf there are a lot more in the cupboard.

Our artificial tree is about 13 years old. You know, one of those that you put together branch, by branch .....by the time I get the lights on it's an all day job. Today I decided to get a new prelit tree. I love it. It was up in a jiffy. I probably won't get the decorations on till my day off, but it sure looks pretty
all lit up! Thursday I will venture in to the Christmas closet and see if I can get the job done next weekend.
Hope that you all have a great week! Thanks so much for
stopping by my blog! Later gators.

12 comments:

chook said...

I am so glad you are feeling better .I love your pics the puppy is soo cute all dressed up
I have only just put up our first new tree we have always had recycled trees [the ones you put up branch by branch] from family but not this year woo hoo .I will be back to see some pics when you get your tree dressed
hugs Beth

Carol said...

It is wonderful to hear you feeling better...the dog is way too cute...that could be a Christmas card.
Oh I wish we had a Trader Joe's here...I'd be all over those cookies...YUMMY!

Carole said...

So glad to read that you are feeling much better! Your decorating looks lovely! And that includes the dog! lol Keep well!

Darlene said...

You're definitely starting to 'sound' like your old self - glad you're feeling better!

Love all the decorations!

Did I win yet? LOL

PamKittyMorning said...

Glad you're feeling better!

Red Geranium Cottage said...

Well looky there we've got trees!!! I'm so glad your feeling better and starting to decorate. Love the kitchen tree and aren't those new trees the best? We tossed our old branch by number one a couple years ago. Best thing I ever threw out. Well......let me think about that. LOL!!! LOVE LOVE the reindeer dog!! I think he was afraid to move for fear of losing his antlers.

Anonymous said...

Of course I am glad you are better despite not following medical advice completly - noncompliance ha ha. As I have not made any Christmas quilts this year -maybe 7 or 8 I really need to win the one on your give away - at least run the other's some competiton. Thanks for enetering me ck

Nan said...

Hooray! You're feeling better - must be those cookes from Trader Joe's did the trick, I'm thinkin'! I have got to make the long trek to the nearest(?) TJ's for those!! Yum!! And a day with Doe and Sharon - that would make anyone feel better!!
Your decorations are so pretty, and your helper is the cutest ever! What a great Christmas card that would make!
You have inspired me with your Christmas decor - I've gotta get decorating!

Nan said...

Excuse me, it must be those COOKIES from Trader Joe's that did the trick. Not cookes - that sounds like a drug! LOL! Of course, chocolate IS a drug, right?

Deb Paris said...

Your pictures are great. Thanks for sharing your Christmas spirit with us.

Kim said...

Oh, your decorations look wonderful! I'm glad you're feeling up to doing it! You go girl! (I guess you derive your energy from those cookies, right?! By all means, go get more at Trader Joe's--can't have you running out of steam!)

Unknown said...

OH, cheryl, I want in the pot drawing for this great christmas quilt. Been a while since I was by so had to go looking for more info.

Congraudlations on being a prospictive grandmother. They are the best. Grandchildren. I have 6 almost grown.