Wednesday, March 5, 2008

I am not crazy..............AN UPDATE :-)!!

ok, maybe I am a little crazy....but, the other day I posted that I found this quilt top and did not remember making it...it's because I didn't!!!! My friend Lynette hid it in my sewing closet after a sewing day we had quite a while ago. She had made a top for herself and one for me, and she thought she had left a note on it saying we would work on it together at some future point. One problem, there was no note!!!
Last night I got a call from her and I was telling her that I thought I was going crazy because I found this top and had no memory of making it.....after she finishes laughing hysterically she tells me of her sneaky little trick, but still insists she pinned a note to it. Hmmmmmmmmm....just got an email from her this morning that said she got out her pattern and there was the note tucked in her pattern!!!!!!! First what a wonderfully sweet thing to do to make me the top, but then THANK GOODNESS the mystery has been solved because I really thought I was going crazy!! Happy Wednesday everyone and now I can stop racking my brain over
this little quilt mystery :-)!!

18 comments:

Paula said...

Oh my word! That's a funny story!!!! I wouldn't be surprised if I forgot a top I made! What a sweet, sweet friend you have....to let you know you aren't crazy! And, she made you a wonderful quilt! LOL

Anne Heidi said...

How sweet of her- and it must have been so funny when you found out you didn't make it. Thank you for a lovely and funny story!

Locket Pocket said...

Well that is a relief! I really didn't see how you could forget making a beautiful quilt top like that! What fun that you can finish it together - and what a lovely friend! Lucy x

Nanette Merrill said...

Stuff like that is so funny. And part of the problem is that I really do forget somethings and it makes me feel kooky. But making a WHOLE QUILT TOP? ha I doubt you would ever forget that.

What a nice friend.

Belvie said...

Glad to hear your mystery is all solved. Now, are you two going to get together and work on them?

Vicky said...

OMG, that is hilarious! What a wonderful friend! (Hugs)

Doe said...

You are positively crazy. I mean that in a good way! lol!

Red Geranium Cottage said...

So your really not losing it??? LOL!!! What a nice thing she did for you. Now get busy stitching.

Val said...

What a wonderful friend! This is truly a good friendship. Thank you for sharing. I love your blog too.

Mar said...

omgosh, that would have driven me crazy!! What a sweet thing to do!

atet said...

What a lovely story -- and isn't it nice to know that you're not THAT crazy?

Colleen formerly of South Africa said...

That is too funny...wish I had quilt fairies in my house.

Katie said...

Too funny! I'm glad the mystery is solved for you!

QuiltNut Creations said...

too funny!

Ginger Patches said...

That is the funniest story! How sweet of her to make you a quilt top! I want friends who hide quilt tops in my closet lol!

Karen said...

What a cute story. And what a great friend you have.

Kim said...

I would be happy to loose my mind if I could find one of these quilty surprises in my quilt pile! Your friend is a very sweet and fun girl to pull this surprise on you and it's not even April 1st yet!!!

Wendy said...

What a great story and how nice of her to make that for you. Time to do some stitching my friend. I have the sewing theme top finished and has been waiting for 2 years for me to do the stitching...LOL