Saturday, June 2, 2012

Camp Fun!

Camp as always is fun. A time to catch up with camp buddies from prior years, and make some new friends. A time to be silly, and hang out with the girls. Much needed for me for sure. This year my friend Janet joined in. We have been quilting friends for 20 years and it was wonderful to have her along and as a roomie.

The Quilt In A Day ladies spoil us and make the whole experience so much fun. One of the high181021_182681205193586_520515398_nlights is a visit to Eleanor’s sweet cabin for afternoon tea …… upper left corner. She is right there to greet us with a big welcome. There’s my friend Janet next to her Crazy 9 Patch quilt, with the main fabric Pokey Little Puppy…so cute!! She had leftovers and whipped up a braid quilt, using one of Quilt In A Day’s signature patterns…template included. Very fast and easy. There’s a group of quilts hung out on the line outside of our sewing room.

033

I finished my Flurry Quilt by Kate Spain for Moda. The kit is from November camp which I had cut out then. So fun to make. Then I finished Little Dots pillowcase to go along with082 his Grinch quilt I made him for last Christmas. He will be graduating to a big boy pillow, and now he will have one like his big brother. I also started sewing my strips sets together for a Halloween table topper. You would laugh if you had seen all the projects I had packed, but I am very happy with what I got done……visiting seemed to be my other project074 and we definitely spent some wonderful time visiting with these two wonderful ladies. That’s Sue on the left, Eleanor’s right hand gal, and my buddy Annie who works for Quilt In A Day and is a fellow blogger, and just added another sweet grandbaby to her growing family. They are both pretending they made this quilt….it really belongs to another camper!016

I took tons of pictures and could go on and on and on….but, The Dots are coming for a weekend sleepover in a bit so I need to whip up some of their favorite snacks! More050 camp photos to come later. Wishing you all a happy weekend with a bit of sewing time thrown in here and there!

12 comments:

Kris said...

Looked like fun. Have fun with The Dots!!

Darlene said...

I think you had lots of fun :-) I'm hoping you rested and relaxed, as well.

Enjoy The Dots!

Robin said...

CHERYL. sue, Linda and I so enjoyed meeting you at camp. Just wanted to say thank you for posting and sharing and I will be talking to you about your business.
The Oklahoma gal! ROBIN

Robin said...

CHERYL. sue, Linda and I so enjoyed meeting you at camp. Just wanted to say thank you for posting and sharing and I will be talking to you about your business.
The Oklahoma gal! ROBIN

Robin said...

CHERYL. sue, Linda and I so enjoyed meeting you at camp. Just wanted to say thank you for posting and sharing and I will be talking to you about your business.
The Oklahoma gal! ROBIN

sunny said...

I don't like traditional camping, but this kind sounds like a blast. So glad you were able to get away and have such a wonderful time. Enjoy the Dots!

Jocelyn said...

Looks like fun. And pretty pretty quilts!

Allie said...

That looks so fun! I can see why those gals are pretending they made that quilt, lol. Your projects are wonderful sweetie!

Terry said...

What beautiful quilts! It looks like so much fun! :0)

Carol said...

Oh Cheryl what wonderful quilts...looks like you had a blast...I'm so happy!

Dandelion Quilts said...

What pretty quilts! Looks like fun to me.

Michele said...

I saw your Doc in the parade. It's lovely. You can't go wrong with those fabrics :-)