Sunday, June 10, 2012

Rehab Progress, Some Great Mail, and A Quilt Exchange

001

  I’m back to Rehab and block 12 from the Fat Quarter Shop Designer BOM is a wrap.  This block for me was a bugger and I did quiteBOMrehab175 a bit of reverse sewing…but yippeeee, it’s done!  Now to get to putting the top together.  Thanks Sinta for the  motivation on getting our BOM’s done!

There was also time to work on my Hallo002ween topper and I got the whole thing put together.018 Some creative pressing will have to happen to get it to lay flat however!!

Being part of the  mini quilt swap hos005ted by Kris has been so fun,  and my wonderful mini quilt arrived  from my swap partner Michelle along with a sweet charm pack.  Thanks so much MichelleKris had a giveaway for early bird mailers, an004d Jen and I were both picked.  In my mailbox there was a cute American Jane pattern and yummy American Jane fabrics!  Thanks so much for hosting the swap Kris, and thanks for the great prize!

I am in a friendship group that meets twice a month and we have a yearly quilt exchange/brunch.  Last year we picked a fabric from our stash and with our name attached, placed it in a sealed envelope.  At one of our meetings we picked envelopes and then for the whole year we worked on making a quilt for that person…the name is top secret of course!!  Tmosaic561a5cd58817b28393be940c49324bf8022cd81boday was our brunch and big reveal.    Forgot to have a picture taken of my quilt at the brunch, but that’s it laying on the grass….I LOVE IT!!!!  My friend Penny made it and as I told her, I will treasure it forever.   Such a fun time and beautiful quilts. Oblivious to us, there was a nice couple sitting on the other side of the restaurant who came over to say how much they enjoyed the quilt show.  The man asked if any of the quilts were for sale…… silly man :-)!!!!

FNSIButton

This Friday, June 15th, is Friday Night Sew-In.  Heidi has the sign up list up and running, open to one and all!

Happy start of the week to everyone!

10 comments:

Darlene said...

I'm sooooo glad you've gotten some sewing time. I hope it makes your heart happy. :-)

Terry said...

Love that block! And your Halloween topper is amazing! :0)

Thimbleanna said...

Wow -- you guys have an amazing quilt swap. I don't think I would have been able to let go of any of them!

Dandelion Quilts said...

Gee whiz Cheryl...you are lucky. I love that mini and that gorgeous big quilt. That is a fun idea, btw. Your Halloween topper looks cool.

Mary Anne Drury said...

EVERYTHING you made is GREAT !!!! .....and thanks for the reminder re: Friday Night Sew In this Friday! (actually , I need a 6 month lock down to make a dent in my piled up UFO's !)

Young Women said...

Hi there
Polka Dots & Rick Rack
Everyone will like this blog. I think it’s passing useful info like this for everyone. Glad I read your blog!

Carrie P. said...

you have been busy.
your halloween quilt is so awesome. what a neat design and the fabrics are so fun.

Anonymous said...

I just recently discovered your blog, but I have really enjoyed reading through the posts. I would love to find the pattern for that Halloween table topper - or did you just come up with it yourself? It looks quick and easy, but that may be deceptive. I have a friend for whom this would be a perfect gift!

Allie said...

Oh Cheryl your block is just beautiful! And wow do I love that Halloween table topper. SO impressive. Love your mini quilt, and your great win, congratulations!

The quilts are just amazing...that is a really neat idea. Too funny about the guy wanting to buy a quilt. I feel sorry for folks that don't have a quilter in the family!!

Dresden Quilter said...

You are welcome! I love the idea of your friendship quilt swap.