Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Our Bucket List Trip

We are back from our cruise to see the Fall colors…from New York to Canada. Traveling with  my husband’s two sisters and brother in law made it even more special ….lots of good memories.004  We had a couple days to spend in New York seeing the sights.  I have always wanted to go to New York.  We were even lucky enough to visit the 9/11 Memorial…so

082

moving and still so hard to imagine that could have happened.

Ship life is truly wonderful.  They over the top pamper you and then on top of it you get to visit some amazing places along the way108.  This just looks like a fairy tale!  I could  just imagine a quilting room up in that tower!!!!  So green and beautiful.   We met the nicest people  too.  Everyone was so excited to share a bit of the history of th160eir towns and eager to have us come back!  We definitely will be doing that.   The 10 days of touring were jam packed with off ship visits here and there, eating and some shopping!!199

I would love to have this sign hanging in the kitchen!!!

Yes it was a trip to see the Fall colors, but because it was still so warm the fall colors were still hiding.  A stop in Quebec gave us a glimpse of what was to come246.   I took 288 pictures so I could definitely bore you with them all.  I figured a few would probably be the best bet.  It was definitely a bucket list trip, one that we will always cherish with family.  Coming home is always good.  We missed the kids big and little and knew hugs would be waiting.  We weren’t disappointed!!   Pulling  in the driveway however, I realize279d my scarecrow on the porch was wearing different clothes….VANDELS!!!!  Quilting vandals non the less!  Not naming names (Ruthie, Joan and Debbie…just sayin’)….had TP’d our house quilter style.  First thing Mr. P. said was “I’m not cleaning that up” :-)!!  Those same words came from my dad when I was in high school.  We both had a good laugh and it was such a wonderful welcome home from my quilting buddies284 …….a Homie’s Hit as they called it!!!  What is it they say about payback?!!!  It’s on now!  Thanks girls you  warmed my heart!

Got my next batch of Xmas goodies from my swap partner Sharon.  She has been affected by Hurricane Irene.  Some cleanup happening as well as lots of community involvement on her behalf.  She sent October’s and November’s gifts with a goodie to open 001 now!  Isn’t that crow the sweetest ever?!!  He’s perfect sitting on my Halloween bench.  Thanks you so much Sharon, and all my thoughts are with you and those in your community. 

I have been slow getting back in to the swing of things and now a bit behind on bindings…..time to put the pedal to the medal!!  Missed you all and now I’m off to see what you all have been up to.

13 comments:

Annelies said...

so fun we were in some of the same places. even more to chat about at camp!!!! xxxx

Lorraine said...

What a fab trip! Sounds like it was jam packed with fun....New York is on my bucket list .... I had better get started on crossing some things off I think!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

You were just 4 hrs. away from me - maybe even passed closer! But even with the lovely colors here - quite depressing with the damage. Love your 'surprise' vandalism. You are loved and were certainly missed!

Terry said...

Looks like a wonderful trip! I've heard the 9/11 memorial is amazing. I can't imagine standing right there, knowing all that happened that day.

Thimbleanna said...

Welcome Back Cheryl! It looks like you had a wonderful trip. I LOVE New England -- I'd love to see it in the fall. I'm still laughing about your Homie Hit too -- what fun!

Allie said...

WOW Cheryl that looks like a great trip! Hubby and son got to NY but it was before the memorial was open. So glad you had a great time, and that it wasn't cold!

Kelly@ Charming Chatter said...

What a wonderful trip! I can still feel the excitement in your voice as I read! And great pictures, too! So glad you had fun!

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

Welcome back!! Yes, summer temps have been hanging out here in the Northeast but still happy to hear that you had a wonderful trip!

DaCraftyLady said...

isn't NY perfect for the fall colors? I am from upstate Ny and go back to visit my sis a lot during the fall for just the same reasons. :) I did love the crow, very cute... I live in Long beach and go to Oak Glen a lot too. NYC is on my hubby's bucket list. and mine is to hit the New England states like Maine.. :) Debb

woodcrestsue said...

So good to have you back and hear the trip was so special. Brings back such great memories of a summer we spent in the Maritimes

Mary Anne Drury said...

Hi Cheryl - sounds like a GREAT trip !!! Glad you had such a good time ! Too bad you didn't get to see the leaves at their peak .. it's so hard to predict (the leaves are about at their peak here in Pa I think). What a fun homecoming re: the classic tp-ing of the house !
...and, thanks so much for visiting my blog (also wanted to tell you the quilt design I got published in Quiltmaker was a year ago ... I haven't been organized enough to try and submit another one this year ... maybe after the holidays ... anyhow, just didn't want you to be looking for that magazine at the store - but thanks anyhow for the congrats - it was pretty sinkin' exciting !!!)

Carol said...

What an amazing trip! Glad you had a wonderful time, and glad you're home...missed you!

Stanton Blog said...

I did a cruise last year from Boston to Quebec City and back to Boston. Loved it, but it was the second and third week in Oct and leaves weren't all that good either. When I got back to the PNW the leaves were much better as they are this year. Love your blog.