Thursday, August 30, 2007

Back To Reality!

We made it back yesterday afternoon and I made a deal with myself - no blogging till I was unpacked and laundry done! Both missions accomplished. We had a wonderful vacation in Morro Bay, and especially enjoyed the cool weather - mid 60's most days.

The last night we had quite a show. Thunder, lightning and rain. A little noisy in the trailer, but it was really spectacular. It's hard to come back to 106 degrees, but Fall is in sight, right around the corner. Here's a little peek of the view from our campsight. Most of the week we spent lounging (sewing :-)), John golfed and we took some great walks. Tuesday we decided we wanted to go to Hearst Castle and take a tour. Once there we would of had a two hour wait, so we decided to head on up the coast for a drive. It was such a pretty day, we figured we might as well enjoy the sun and catch some rays!! Here we are just hanging out with some of our friends!! I just love these
elephant seals. They have quite the life. On our way back to camp we saw the most amazing thing - a heard of zebra's - I know , I know - where's the picture?? I can just hear Sharon, but by the time we passed by it was too late. We figured they must be from the Hearst Zoo-I'm telling you there were at least 20 - it was quite a sight. John's comment was "how many people get to see a heard of zebra's and a bunch of elephant seals all on the same drive."

Nice to be back home and have all my kids home for dinner tonight. Also, I can't wait to see all the new things in at work. I know those girls have probably changed things around again! :-)

13 comments:

Darlene said...

Welcome back to reality. It's nice to go away but always very nice to get back home. Relax and enjoy!

Cheryl said...

Thanks Darlene! I'll probably start relaxing more when the temperature drops.

Libby said...

Isn't Morro Bay a great place to relax? We can never seem to get enough of the Central Coast *s*

Nan said...

What a lovely vacation! Elephant seals and zebras - wowee!! I love the elephant seals, too. They're just so cute!
I'm glad you got some sewing done - I want to see what you've been doing, young lady!! (Hint, hint!)
Glad you're home safe and sound.

deb said...

sounds like you had a great time, LOVE your blog!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Cheryl,
It was good to see you back you well rested:) You are looking like a pro with you pictures! Talk to you soon Enjoy your weekend with your family
Donna

Cheryl said...

Great idea Nan - I'll try to get some pictures up and show what I worked on while on vacation.

Cheryl said...

The shop looked wonderful as always Donna. You have a wonderful selection of Leanne's House patterns. Looking forward to work on Tuesday!

Kim said...

Welcome back home! With our temps over 100, I'm thinking maybe I should head to Morro Bay too! LOL!

Mar said...

I've lived in CA all my life and have always wanted to see Hearst Castle. Keep Kool!

Yvonne said...

Love the seals....welcome home.
Sure hope it cools down for you.

Anonymous said...

Cheryl,
Opened the mail today and quess what our passes for sample spree came in (all 4) Can't wait:) It will be quilters gone wild again!!Talk to you soon

Red Geranium Cottage said...

HELLLOOOOOO, got your message today on my phone. I miss you too!!! Boo was nice enough to let me blog on his puter. We're having fun. I can't wait to show you guys my pictures. Maybe tomorrow I'll load some on here. It's beautiful here!!!
See you soon.