Saturday, March 21, 2009

All Play And No Work!!!

There has been way too much playing going on around here so not much quilty production, but YIPEEE SKIPEE for all the playing. I have squeezed in some bindings here and there including this one that just about did me in. The binding was easy, it was cutting off the border part that I struggled with. The customer just was not happy with the quilt with the border on it (mind you it was already quilted). Have to say I agreed with her, but cutting it off after the fact (that's the border laying on the left) and hoping against hope that the binding would go on nicely had me a bit worried.....no problem it went on like butter and the quilt is a beauty.

The playing part........Tuesday was a full on quilty day spent with friends: a breakfast, a sew and visit with several friends (more visiting and eating then sewing), and followed up by a group of us quilty peeps having dinner. Thursday I was invited to dinner and to see Mamma Mia with my girl and a bunch of her friends. So much fun, and I still have that music stuck in my head. It was an amazing production and the staging made you feel like you were right there! Our girl came home Friday and we had to squeeze in some time for shopping---OF COURSE, and then today all the kiddos are here to celebrate dad's birthday. And our favorite, a couple days of our quality time with our grandbaby, who I am now naming Mr. Wiggles!!!!!!! Whewwwwwwww, I need to take a rest!!!!!!

Tomorrow will be a day filled full of quilting fun with some quilting buddies, where we will be turning this into........................???? You will have to stay tuned for the reveal on this!!!

Times up here, and I need to get back to getting the birthday festivities ready. Hope you all have a great weekend.........Mamma Mia, here I go again, my my how can I resist you? Bye from Auntie and Mr. Wiggles :-)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11 comments:

Kim said...

Hi Cheryl... I think you are REALLY loving retirement!! Good for you... I saw Mama Mia with Suzanne we had a great time. I wish I were able to watch you do a binding you are so great at it and make it look so easy. I need more practice. Hmmm, I wonder what you are making with those squares.. can't wait to see. Mr. Wiggles is too cute growing soooo big!

Anonymous said...

Ah yes, the ugly border syndrome....I've done that before on my own little quilt and then also known to just cut it 1/2 back if it was too wide. Really helps with an overall design when you do that. LOL Mr. Wiggles is a great word for a toddler! Enjoy these little people days.

Karen said...

Wow!!! I got tuckered out just reading about everything you've been doing;p...Sounds like tons of fun, tho'.

Sherri said...

All play and no work is a great motto...especially if the play is quilting! Thanks for showing the quilt with the boder cut off...I actually have one I want to do that to. I've never put the binding on because I don't love the border...so maybe I'll just cut the border off! Thanks!

Carol said...

What a fantastic week...I'm just thrilled for you! Enjoy the weekend with Mr Wiggles and the gang.

Carla said...

I love that blue quilt. Love the pattern too. I'd like to see that show sometime. I sing a lot of Abba's songs.

Red Geranium Cottage said...

Well my goodness is he driving now??? Has he ever grown. WOW!!! He looks like a little boy now not a baby. Where has time gone. Ok so you dont WORK anymore because you had NO TIME FOR WORK. Your too busy having fun with friends. WOHOOOOOOOO And I say Mamma Mia to that one.

Lorraine said...

Oh Cheryl....you sound like you are having a ball....good on you I say....I am looking forward to retirement ...one day....!! The quilting pattern on that quilt is interesting..and I like the binding...that fabric gives it a little "stripe" effect.....and Mr Luke is just growing up so fast...he is a real little boy now....leaving that baby look behind......he will keep you even busier when he becomes Mr Running around Everywhere!

Dandelion Quilts said...

Oh, I have been there with the border situation. I bet you were nervous. Looks good though!!!

Joy said...

Wow, I can't believe how much that gorgeous boy has grown!!! Isn't he just adorable!?!!? I'm really hanging out for grandkids - could you tell LOL.
I've seen the movie Mama Mia but not the stage show, would definitely see it if it came back here though - it was such a 'feel good' kind of movie :o).
Hugs,
Joy :o)

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Mr. Wiggles is getting to be one big boy!