Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Howdy Doody!!

Sometimes I just can't come up with a good title, so Howdy Doody it is!!! Possibly it could be it was late Tuesday evening when I started writing this and my brain was pretty well gone...yep, that's probably it:-)!!
Tuesday evening I became possessed...I just had to get my Dutch Treat done. The rows were all together, all I needed to do was add the corner triangles, the inner and outer border. I put the corners on...loved it. Then I went to put the small inner border on...didn't love it. The background in the kit was a checked kind of fabric, and as it is the setting triangles are headed in a different direction. Then I went to put on the inner border and it was all cocky wobble. So I opted for no inner and just the outer and here is the pieced top all done!!!!! I am a big fan of Best Press but have been out for a while. Our market carries this new Niagara non-aerosol spray starch that I really like and used on this quilt....it has a very nice scent and is a very light starch,
plus it's a great price.

My plan was to swear off jelly rolls, honey buns and all the gooey stuff for a while....that was until I saw this quilt made up in a ME Jelly Roll......so this is my next victim!!! I just couldn't help myself. There surely is a Jelly Roll/Honey Bun anonymous group somewhere??? Another pattern I have been obsessed with is All Dressed Up. This is a pattern from Fredas Hive. I ordered the download from Nanette and she also directed me to Susan's blog who has a WONDERFUL technique for getting bonus blocks out of snowball blocks Check out her 3/22 post. Not only that but what a great blog she has!!!!

A whirly thingy pattern update. I have had a lot of comments and emails about the quilt in my previous post. The very nice lady that made the pattern is seeing if it's possible to have some more templates made, if so I will let you know. Keep your fingers crossed!!!
Spring is definitely in the air. You see it all around the blogs and I see it in my garden. The leaves on the roses are filling out and the Liquid Amber's are starting to bud. I think a trip to the nursery might be on the list today. I'm thinkin' some petunias would be dandy!!! Happy Wednesday everyone.

20 comments:

Jean said...

At least the jelly rolls, honey buns and those type of sticky, gooey's... don't have any calories! LoL... I suppose there may be a group out there somewhere to over come them. But, I'm thinking the quilt shops and such just aren't tellin!
Oh, your link to Freda Hive... doesn't hook up to anything??? Just thought you should know.

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

There's too much temptation at modabakeshop.com I try to stay away... but I seem to be powerless. *sigh*

Anonymous said...

Remember it all Fat Free! Do what makes you happy!

Sherri said...

I need to join that group with you...jelly roll/honey bun/layer cake/turnovers anonymous...especially when I find them 40 or 50 percent off...I just keep buying! And that All dressed up quilt will hook you for sure...I finished mine and still want to keep making dresses!

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

I also have the "sweet" addiction. Thanks for checking on whirly! And what is "Liquid Amber"? Keep in mind that I'm from Minnesota....brrrrr.

Dianne said...

Your dutch treat quilt turned out 'a treat'. Love the border, it ties it all in, and can't get over such a simple pattern being so effective. Keep on lovin' that gooey stuff

Carol said...

I love your Dutch Treat...I've used the Niagra also and it is really nice. Lots cheaper....I do love Best Press though.

Nanette Merrill said...

Love the quilt! Howdy Doody was a funny title. Thanks for putting my quilt up. You are the best.

Red Geranium Cottage said...

Howdy Doody back at ya! I love your finished quilt. The border looks good the way you did it.
I'm going to look for me some of that good smellin spray. My bottle you gave me is all but gone.

Kim said...

Your quilt turned out wonderful! I love it... I think your ME quilt is going to be a good one too! Heck all your quilts are adorable....I am going to check out Freda's tips. Thanks for sharing....

Eileen said...

Ah yes.. jelly rolls and honey buns.. so tempting. I think you do need that new ME quilt though. LOVE how your Dutch Treat turned out. And don't think I didn't noticed that sweet little Annie peeking out from behind the bottle of starch.
:-)

Kris said...

Howdy Doody to you too!

Darlene said...

Your Dutch Treat quilt is adorable and looks perfect without the inner border and I can see what you would opt to leave it out.

Oh, I started Nanette's dresses when she first introduced the pattern and sadly it sits. It's fun quilt.

Sherry said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sherry said...

Your Dutch Treat quilt looks so nice. I think the border looks great. If you find that group offering help for those of us hooked on those Moda gooeys, let me know, I need to join too. :) I have the All Dressed Up pattern too & can't wait to get started on those little dresses. Thanks for sharing.

Jantine said...

Your ditch treat is a beautiful quilt and I think I agree it doesn't need a border ;-). By the way, the patterns inspires me for a mini quilt I have the fabrics for.

Dandelion Quilts said...

I like it all. I like all of the bake goods and I cannot swear off them. I haven't tried turnovers or honeybuns yet, but I cannot wait to. That Dutch Treat is really cute. Don't you hate when you buy border material and then you don't like it? I have that problem a lot.

Threeundertwo said...

The first step is admitting an addiction. The next step is shrugging your shoulders and not worrying about it.

;-)

Carrie P. said...

I have trouble coming up with titles too. Your quilt turned out great. I like the little bunny too.

Samantha said...

I can't get enough of sweets too!