Thursday, March 5, 2009

Slow and Steady......

That's the pace I'm at...slow and steady!!! I had a few rush binding jobs that had to get out, but then back to my slow and steady pace. The log cabin blocks have only two logs on each block to go (20 blocks), and then I got the rails cut for the Dutch Treat quilt....I am lovin' this quilt even before it's together. Then while digging through the quilt closet I found these tiny paper pieced star blocks all pieced and with all the bits to get er done!! So got it together, did some very simple cross hatching, bound, washed and dried...only 16 inches square but pretty cute!!


We had two wonderful days with baby Polka Dot, nothing better than that, well except for tomorrow I will be out visiting my girl for the day! The slate is clear this weekend, so I am planning on revving up the speed on the old Bernina!! Maybe I need to focus on one thing at a time...........nah, it's just not in me :-)!!! Happy, happy weekend to everyone, and don't forget to SPRING forward ♥♥♥

18 comments:

Eileen said...

I am really liking that Dutch Treat too. Love your fabrics for that!

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Focus is hard for me too, if not downright impossible when my grandson is around... ;)

Carol said...

I'm lovin' those log cabins...the Dutch Treat is just wonderful and those little stars...OMG...incredible! Have a spectacular day with your girl...glad you had some time with Little Luke this week. Have a fantastic weekend.

Belvie said...

Oh my....that time of the year. I need that extra hour of sleep!

I'm liking the look of those blocks too. And I certainly wish I could finish up a few of my UFO's. I have somethings that have to be made though....so the UFO's will wait.

Sherri said...

I love your projects...and I loved it when you said it's just not in you to focus on one thing at a time...I'm so like that...I just have to have several projects going all at the same time!

Thimbleanna said...

Ooooh, love that star quilt!!!

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

Slow and steady, that is me, but I need to do one thing at a time, to old, will forget what I was doing!!

Cynthia said...

EEEK. I should not have come here and looked at what an amazing seamstress you are.

I am way intimidated! Yikes...

Christmas in July Swap stress!

You have some amazing quilts here.

Anonymous said...

Great show and share today!

Dandelion Quilts said...

I am a very big STAR fan and I just love your quilt. Isn't it funny how we tuck things away that are near finished? I do it too. Good job finishing it. It is so fun! LOVE IT.

Karen from Sew Many Ways... said...

I love everything you've started. The paper pieced star quilt is great! I'm like you, too many going at the same time, but they'll all get done at some point.
~Karen~

Kris said...

Hi there,
As usual, you are one busy quilting gal! I envy your time to devote to it! I am just so darn busy with watching my grandson, and then what little time I get to myself, I find that I have to play catch up on all the other things.
Then there are about 4-5 cake orders a month. Any more, I just can't handle. Love your projects!

2ne said...

Nice visiting your blog

acecraig100 said...

I love how that quilt looks. Very nice!

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

You have been very productive!! The Star quilt in gorgeous and your Quilts fo valour blocks are coming along beautifully - such a worthwhile cause.

Carrie P. said...

Your little star quilt is charming.

Nanette Merrill said...

What a great star quilt. Give Luck a big squeeze for me. I've got my first grandbaby due in October.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful fabrics! The blocks are fantastic. A pleasure to browse your nice projects.