Friday, March 27, 2009

A Very Nice Surprise!

I got home late today and as I pulled in the driveway I saw a box sitting on the swing on the porch!!!! OK ladies we love getting boxes right????!!! I could hardly get in the house fast enough. So here's what was waiting for me. It was a box of Pay It Forward wonderfulness from Jackie of Canton Village Quilt Works. Such perfect gifties, from the wrapping....polka dot fabric and yellow rick rac, to the wonderful egg ornament and yummy, yummy box of chocolate (OK I already ate them so I know they were yummy), and the most wonderful topper. My camera is misbehaving badly, but if you enlarge the mosaic you can see there is rick rack tucked all the way around the inside edge of the binding...so cute, and so precise. The fabric is so cute and what a great design (and quilting of course). I have it proudly sitting on my Singer table in the entry. The label is perfect and will always be a reminder to me of my wonderful Pay It Forward Angel!!! Then to top things off the prettiest pin that I have been wearing all evening on my denim jacket. Again, apologies for the pictures...bad, bad camera!!! OK, it's probably the operator, but I just couldn't wait to post my goodies! Thank you Jackie .... you definitely spoiled me rotten and I love it!!!

Time to start thinking about the next raffle quilt for the zoo. When I saw this kit in Fons and Porter before Xmas I knew it was the one. The kit had been back ordered but came this week. It will be fun and easy to make. The fabrics could not be more perfect and I hope it will bring in some money for the zoo.

This coming week is a busy one in Polka Dot land and I probably won't be blogging much, but I will have tons to share eventually!!! Hoping that the weekend is filled with fun and family and maybe some quilty/sewing fun tossed in here and there!! Happy, happy everyone :-)!!!

11 comments:

Eileen said...

wow.. I saw Jackie working on that table awesome topper a couple weeks ago.. and now it is yours??! That is wonderful! Her work is amazing.

Love the animal fabrics.

Carol said...

What wonderful mail goodness...the zoo quilt will be just perfect. Have a great week...we'll look forward to hearing all about it.

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Lovely PIF gifts. And I can't wait to see the zoo raffle quilt when you are done. It looks interesting.

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

You are one lucky lady, lovely gifts. Can't wait to see what you do for the Zoo!

Unknown said...

Wow lucky you such wonderful gifts .
clares craftroom

Arlette said...

What lovely gifts from Jackie! You lucky ducky, you.
I think you found the perfect fabrics for the zoo quilt. I love the colors. Very African safari-like.
Aloha!

Unknown said...

Hi Cheryl, So glad you like your gift! I had such fun making it. I thought you might like all the dots and the rick rack. Not sure why.... hmmmm?? Enjoy for many years to come!

Thimbleanna said...

Wow -- I hadn't noticed that ric rac until you said something -- sooooo cute!

Carrie P. said...

Oh yes, we love getting packages and you got a very nice one.

Rania said...

They are all very nice gifts, I loved them. What are you planning to make with them?

Wendy said...

WOW that is one fun mail package, you lucky girl. The zoo quilt is prefect. Will that be for a draw to raise money for the zoo?