Thursday, November 13, 2008

I Am One Happy Camper!!

I am back from four wonderful, fun filled days at Eleanor Burns Quilt In A Day, quilt camp. Wonderful doesn't even begin to describe the great time that we all had. I met some of the nicest quilters from all over the US, and saw so many, many beautiful quilts. To spend four days with 65 women all working on so many wonderful projects is just so hard to describe!!! Eleanor Burns and her crew are some of the nicest people I think I have ever met! Always there to help and lend support and encouragement and make every aspect of our stay the best it could be.

Before arriving at Quilt Camp we first stopped off in the wonderful town of Julian and had a delicious lunch of Pumpkin Soup, sandwiches and tea at the Tea House....yummmy!!! This house was so cute in the inside, with tea cups, teapots and so many pretty things all about. Here we are all full after our wonderful lunch and where do you think we head to next........ we don't want to have low blood sugar while working on our projects!! What a great shop. All the old time candy under one roof. My Polka Dot and Rick Rack partner will be getting some goodies from this place.

....so here is a peek at our work space for our 4 day stay. We had such a nice big spacious work area with ironing and cutting stations, (and my personal little sewing area with M & M's) and not to mention two of the best teacher helpers you could ever want. They were so kind and helpful, and if anyone was in need of a little "reverse sewing", they were there johnny on the spot to get the job done. Anne and LuAnn, you guys were so AMAZING, and so much fun to be around!!! As I was sitting there sewing I overheard Anne talking about being a blogger -- oh boy here we go, a fellow BLOGGER!!! So we start chatting about the different blogs we like which really turns out to be a lot of the same blogs and then Anne says have you visited Red Geranium Cottage?? Oh dear..Sharon is everywhere!!! Turns out that Anne and Sharon have shared a few emails back and forth!! What are the odds! And Sharon, she would like to thank you for your kindness when her mom was ill and for the nice emails you sent her!!! She says she just loves your blog!

Each and every day we had the most DELICIOUS MEALS!!! Oh my word, I am going to have to go to detox to get myself back on track. It was so much fun to have everyone together eating and gabbing and talking quilts!!! Every meal ended with some wonderful tidbits from the crew and Eleanor sharing some tips on quilt making or showing quilts, talking about future projects and always some funny stories told by the girls. I think my cheeks will hurt for a few weeks from all the laughing. My writing just doesn't do the experience justice. I think you might need to go to see for yourself!!

And boy do I have pictures of quilts ......................................


and




And this is only a sampling of all the goodness. Coming home I am fully inspired and ready to charge in to full quilt production! Happy mid November to everyone. See you later alligators :-)!

24 comments:

Unknown said...

It sounds like you had a phenomenal time!! Isn't it great to get away and have fun sewing uninterrupted!! I just got back from a retreat myself and felt like I got so much accomplished. You are lucky to have gotten to go to Eleanor Burns retreat!!

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

My, my... your enthusiasm jumps off the screen! I am happy to read about your fantastic adventure, wonderful times such as this are meant to be shared, thank you! Your retreat camp space looks absolutely phenomenal.

Threeundertwo said...

Wow! This sounds like so much fun! It's so energizing to be around great quilters. I would have loved it!

Carol said...

You sound wonderful! I can just hear the glee...I am so happy that you had such a great time!

Carrie P. said...

Looks like you had a lot of fun. Thanks for show and tell.

Red Geranium Cottage said...

HEY ANNE!!!! WOOOHOOO I'm glad you treated my buddy Cheryl good. LOL!!
I'm glad you had fun Cheryl. And glad your cough was better so you could go. Now dont tell me that's all the M&M's you had out on that tray?? Where did you hide the stash???

julieQ said...

I am so glad you had such a wonderful time! I wasn't even there and I am enthused...thank you for sharing!!

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

Wow, what a wonderful time you had and to see all the beautiful quilts, it also looks like you had beautiful sunny weather to work in. I love the pictures, thank you so much for sharing, I can see what a fun time you had, just by your pictures!

Nanette Merrill said...

oh wow! Eleanor Burns is one of my favorites. I think she is great. How wonderful to spend time with old friends and new friends that share in your hobby. I'm only slightly jealous!

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

OMG sounds like you had an amazing time!! To sew for 4 days with like minded people would be wonderful. Love all the pics you took of all the quilts that were created.

Darlene said...

What a delightful four days you and your friends had. A retreat with Eleanor Burns sounds like a ton of fun. Great show and tell - thank you for sharing!

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

Now that sounds like the perfect way to spend the day(s)!! Good food, good friends, creating and seeing all that eye candy!

Anonymous said...

Wow! It sounds like a lot of fun having a four day Eleonor Burns camp. Thank you for sharing all the wonderful quilt photos.

Also thank you for taking the time to visit my blog and for the lovely comment.

Happy quilting,
Millie

Dandelion Quilts said...

Cheryl, I am so jealous! What a fun experience!

Wendy said...

I can feel the excitement in your post, sounds like a pretty awesome retreat. It sure is wonderful to get energized at a retreat. The quilts look fantastic.

StitchinByTheLake said...

Doesn't that sound like fun! I can't imagine getting to learn from her but I know she's inspiring. blessings, marlene

Annelies said...

I found you...I found you!!!! Oh, we might have only just met, but you feel like a long time friend. I love your BLOG, and I have visited it before. But now it is MUCH more fun, because I know the sweet person behind the polka dots!!!! So here is to meeting again at Julian ( or maybe somewhere fun like a quilt shop (G)!!!! I had so much fun too, and I thank you for all your kind words. So lets get Sharon to join in the fun. Hugs, Annie

Gramma Dieder said...

Hi fellow camper!
Love your site. What a great time we had at camp!:) The sewing, sewing, and more sewing..... along with the food (prepared by the cooks), giggles and laughs was a hoot! Thanks so much for helping a beginner (me) out. I finished the quilt last night. Hope we can do this again in May! You cough and I'll snore!
Lynette :) :) :)

Anonymous said...

Hia Cheryl, thanks for popping in.

What a wonderful time you had. I would so love to go to one of those. I'm reading the Elm Creek Quilts books at the moment. Sadly here today i was bottoming out the kitchen so my hands haven't been dry enough to sew a stitch. My those quilts looked beautiful.

Cheryl said...

Hi Lynette!!!! So glad you got your quilt done. It is so pretty. Yes, definitely lots of giggling and finally my cough is almost gone. I had the best time at camp with you guys and can't wait to do it again.

Nan said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you for sharing your wonderful time with us! I had to enlarge and stare at each quilt - they're all wonderful. It sounds and looks like a little slice of quilty heaven to me. I'm so happy you decided to go. I want to go with you next time!

Ginger Patches said...

What a fun retreat! I love Julian this time of year. Eleanor is the sweetest lady isn't she? I may have to look into that retreat next year! Beautiful quilts too :)

Kim said...

Wow.. what a fabulous place! I love Julian also. You must have had a wonderful experience. Did I miss it.. which project did you work on? Isn't that funny about Sharon.. LOL she is great!

Calamity Jane's Cottage, Bonnie said...

Hi Cheryl,
Oh I would have loved to been at the retreat with you. I'm going to have to take the time and go on one after the Holiday's. Thank you for sharing all the pictures with us of all the great quilts.
Keep Stitchen'
Bonnie
PS: I'm posting a little burb cloth tutorial tonight hopefully.