Friday, January 2, 2009

I've Got A New Attitude!!!

Look at me all spruced up thanks to Becky at The Cutest Blog On The Block!!! One very, very late night of me trying to change my blog on my own, only to have it disappear for a few hours, scared me enough to turn it over to a professional!!! I know there are a lot of you out there that seem to have this changing the blog thing down, but not me....and after almost hyperventilating over thinking I lost my blog I learned my lesson!! And Becky, I can't say enough good things about her. So patient with me and all my computer dumbness!!!

Christmas 2008 has passed, so hard to believe. But as usual I was left with some feelings if only I had done this and started early and got this other thing done. And then there were emails from some bloggy friends saying the same thing. Nanette and I had written each other, and she said that for quite a long time she had been thinking the same thing and was brewing up an idea to get us all motivated for 2009.....now I am excited, because Nanette is a great organizer!!! Some of us are thinkers and some of us are women of action, and boy Nanette sprung right in to action with a great plan for us all......for us to post gifts/ornaments that we made for this year that worked out, and also items we wished we could have made..and there are a ton of wonderful tutorials out in blogland to utilize here!! This gathering of ideas will go on for two weeks, and then we will have a wackadoddle list of items we can be making ahead for Xmas 2009. You can leave your ideas here or over at Nanettes and then we will both compile all the ideas in to one list that will link back to the Great Ideas for a Handmade Christmas 2009 button. That button is so wonderful and it was made by Terri at Purple and Paisley, another woman of action!! So let's get those ideas rolling in. No limit on the number you submit and you don't even have to have a blog to play along. Just make sure you email one of us all the particulars on your idea. And don't forget to add the button to your blog.
Here's a few ideas I will start with:
***Pat's ever so cute Christmas Bag tutorial
***Terry Atkinson's Best Press bottle cover tutorial..so quick, easy and cute
***Connecting Threads Seasonal Tissue Box Covers
and, I have a list here somewhere of other tutorials I have seen here and there and everywhere, so I will be adding to my list. Come on and play with us, this is going to be fun and think how ahead of the game we all will be. Thanks Nanette for getting the ball rolling on this!!!

Oh and then there's this subject of you know what. The what that I seem to have to deal with every January. Well Ophra and me anyway.... well and maybe a few others.... well may be a lot of others!!! Miss Redgeranium Cottage has a Diet Challenge going on. So if you are one of the others come and join in. There will be lots of sharing of recipes and tips and who knows what else Sharon will come up with!!! And no way Jose am I saying how much I weigh Miss Cottage girlie :-)!!! So come on in join in and look at that cute button you get to put on your blog!

There has been so much thinking going on in Polka Dot land that not much quilting has been happening. I do have block 6 & 7 cut out for The Designer Block Of The Month quilt and that will be on my list for tomorrow.

January is a time to start off fresh with new ideas, and a new attitude. Can't wait to read about all the ideas the rest of you are thinking of. Happy January everyone!!

21 comments:

Red Geranium Cottage said...

Oh my goodness.........LOLOL
Is that the BOM from fatquartershop last year? Because if so we should get together and do some serious sewing. I've got all of them........in the platic. Maybe we could share a sald and a piece of lettuce.

Kris Meares - Tag Along Teddies said...

Hey Cheryl! Clare at http://clarescraftroom.blogspot.com posted a couple of cute simple tutorials last year - her tissue pouch is sooo cute and sooooo quick to make! Great giftie idea! Lots of New Years challenges in blogland - May Britt and I have challenged ourselves to work on one WISP a month and lots of people are joining us - must have been everyone's New Years resolution! Tee! Hee! Hee! Bear Hugs! KRIS

Threeundertwo said...

Love the new layout! I'm one of those who tried to do it myself and it took me an entire day. I could have been quilting!!

I'm loving that mystery BOM. I did those 2 blocks a few days ago - #7 went together a lot more easily for me than #6, but they're beautiful. I'm really loving this project.

jen duncan said...

Between all the xmas jelly rolls and charm packs I got on sale last week I'm def planning on a handmade 2009 starting NEXT WEEK! My main goal this year, aside from weight loss, is to not use credit. Oughta be an interesting exercise, huh? And weight loss..oh baby! I am so THERE! I can do the diet...it's the necessary exercise that I groan thinking about. But that's probably just 'cause I'm fat. ;-)

Kris said...

Oh, I feel your pain with blog troubles. I spent over an hour making my blog roll, then poof, I accidently deleted it !!!!! But it is back now.
I am on the band wagon with all the rest of you to shed some weight this year. I did it with Weight Watchers a few years ago, and this past year....oopsie...it is creeping back on! So...I am in!

Chookyblue...... said...

love the new look.......goodluck with all you goals for 2009

Purple and Paisley said...

i love your new look...and thank you for the mention...i'm happy you like the button! ☺

Leanne said...

I am impressed....love the new look and the links.

Annelies said...

Hi my camp friend....and happy new year. So I am onboard for the diet challenge. Heck maybe the next camp we will have to wear nametags so we can recongnize each other (G)!!!!! XXX Annie

Unknown said...

Wow Cheryl, your blog is great. I'm really going to hae to check it out more often. Have you thought anymore about sewing on Monday nights in January? I'm glad you had a great Christmas, wasn't the snow wonderful! See you soon, Judy

Anonymous said...

New layout is great, its good to have a new look,
Have a great 2009, all the best to you

Unknown said...

Hi Cheryl, Your blog looks terrific! Very fitting to the name! Happy New Year! You are right lots to do in 2009. I can't wait to get started and have dove in head first. Lots going on here with lots of new posts to come. I love your BOM, my friend it doing the same one. Hop on over to my blog for a great giveaway!

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

It looks fantastic, Cheryl! Happy January to you, too!

quiltygal said...

Hi Cheryl I actually did manage to make some gifts this xmas mainly for the kids & they were very well recieved I made crayon rolls for the boys & the girl got a folder with a diary address book writing paper envelopes stamps she was thrilled...I made "eco veggie "bags for the women with some cute mushroom material ....I had already decided to start work early for 2009 so will join in...

Ginger Patches said...

Look at you all cute over here!! So I guess we're in this diet thing together :) I'll look forward to seeing all the great ideas next year...good job you two :)

Anonymous said...

Love the new blog look! Hey, Kim from Kim's Big Quilting Adventure (something like that) had been asking for a bunch of tutorials for her side bar just before holidays. I sent her a mess of them. You may want to contact her she just recently removed them since Christmas is over. She had some really good ones!

Janet said...

Lookin good Cheryl! The new look is cute! I too made some handmade gifts this year. There's a great tutorial at http://www.alderwoodquilts.com for little quilted tissue covers. I made several last month.
I'll be seeing you at Sharon's Diet challenge! Good luck to every one of us!

Nan said...

I must say I am in LOVE with your new look! It definitely is the best way to start out the new year. I am excited to see all the wonderful projects other bloggers will send to you and Nanette! It's going to be a wonderfully crafty year!! And a thinner one, too, if Miss Geranium Cottage has anything to say about it! LOL! I'm going off to visit her next....

Glenna @ Hollyhock Quilts said...

Hi Cheryl--

I LOVE your new look!! Thanks for checking in at the blog! I always look forward to hearing from you.

You and Nanette amaze me! What a fabulous plan. I'll be watching to see what you come up with!

I'd better check out Sharon's challenge---

Little Lady Patchwork said...

Hi Cheryl!

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I am Red's friend from San D and I have been following your blog for some time. It is nice to meet you!

I better get working on my project for January because it will be over before I know it! Does the project that I completed on New Year's Eve count?????

Busy Little Quilter said...

Wow,you've been busy in blogland just like me! I, too, have been signing up for challenges, getting ideas, and not having much time for blogging myself!

I love your new look! It's so cute! I keep changing the look of my blog, thanks to cutest block on the block. I sort of have a seasonal theme "thing" going on! lol

I'm in every little challenge idea you're in, too, so we'll have a fun year together for sure! I'm looking forward to it!