Friday, April 17, 2009

Lots To Share

Happy weekend bloggy people!! I have lots of this and that to report on. Earlier in the week I finally got my signature blocks shipped off. The blocks had been done for a long time. The signing and stamping seemed to be the hold up, but hopefully they have arrived by now.

I finished the top for my cute Bow Tie quilt kit that Sharon gave me. Gotta love a Bow Tie quilt. Also I wanted to show the cute charm that was included in my goodie bag from her and also this great little tin for holding a measuring tape. SWEET ♥ Now I have to confess!! I thought I had lost the charm, or worse yet thought I had left it at the restaurant where we went. I searched high and low, well apparently not low enough...it had fallen on the floor under my sewing table. Whewww, close call!

My Faded Memories quilt is back from the quilter girls and they did a beautiful job on the quilting and bringing my quilt to life. I was less then thrilled with my piecing and almost decided
to stick it in the closet and forget about it. Thank goodness for the girls, because they truly brought it to life. Tonight I planned on getting the binding on it and start the handwork. That was until I got the bright idea to stream (hey two years ago I was putting my pictures upside down on my blog, now I'm streammmmmmming) the Coachella Music Festival because Paul McCartney was playing tonight. So instead of binding I watched Paul!!!

Earlier in the week I got blocks done on two of the BOM's I have going. One more month to go on the Fat Quarter Shop Designer Block Of The Month. My friend Jan has this wonderful system for keeping track of her BOM....a big old binder! Very clever girl. No more hunting around for where in the world is that missing block number 3!!!

Spring has definitely sprung around here. The rose bushes are just full of beautiful green leaves, the vine on the swing has all it's pretty flowers popping open and the kumquats are kumquating (my sister in laws beautiful tree)! I am planning a full two days of hiding out in my sewing room....how about you guys??? Later gators :-)!

17 comments:

Lorraine said...

Love the quilting on your Faded Memories quilt...lovely work!! I have all my FQS BOM blocks sitting in a pile in my sewing room....I should get my block 10 soon to add to the pile..LOL....We are having srping-like weather here even though it is autumn...I hope we get some rain soon! Enjoy your weekend...I finished my first quilt on the quilting frame today...it has only been a top for 15 years LOL...better late than never I guess!

Carol said...

What a full, full post! Love the quilting on your Faded Memories quilt. WOW! The binder is a great idea to keep up with all that stuff. I was so excited to see the kumquats...brought back great memories...we used to have a tree when I was in high school...I loved picking those off and having a snack...I'd grab a handful on my way in the door. Enjoy your sewing room weekend.

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Busy, busy - I hope to be too! Sweet bow ties and I love Faded Memories.

Ruth said...

The bow tie quilt is adorable! Whenever I see one of those I really want to make one. Hee Hee! Faded Memories is gorgeous. Glad you found the charm!

Thimbleanna said...

Boy, you've been busy Cheryl! I love that little bow-tie kit. And the charm is adorable -- I'm seeing some of those in my future LOL!

Unknown said...

Wow you have been a busy woman. Everything is gorgeous.
Teresa

jen duncan said...

What a busy bee you've been! Makes one wonder how we ever worked full time, huh? Love all your quilty fun, and am blown away by those ladies' quilting! Let me know if I can send something special their way, okay?

Calamity Jane's Cottage, Bonnie said...

Cheryl you have been busy. The quilting on your faded memories quilt looks great. Enjoy all your sewing.
Keep Stitchen'
Bonnie

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

Oh i love your bow tie quilt, my you have been a busy girl. happy sewing weekend to you!

Contented Caroline said...

Wow you have been a busy bee. Happy Weekend to you too!!!

Anne Heidi said...

Oh everything looks so nice! Hmm, I like the binder idea. I was searching for DAYS for my finished block no. 1 of the Fat Quarter Mystery BOM- I finally found it stuck back in the little plastic bag with the pattern and fabric scraps....Now why would I put it there??? Have a great rest of the weekend :)

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

You have been busy! That bow tie quilt is very cute! I may have to try one of those sometime.

Dandelion Quilts said...

WHAT a full post...you keep yourself busy! :) And so productive. I like the quilt. :) I need to start making some smaller quilts.

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Your bow tie quilt is so sweet - I love how the light is dappled across it in your picture! 2 days in your sewing room sounds like heaven - enjoy!

Red Geranium Cottage said...

Did you say the Kumquats are Kumquating?????????????? ROFLMAO!!! Yes I think you did say that.
Glad you found your charm, I would have had to beat you.
The charm quilt looks good. And love your Faded Memories quilt.
Kumquating??? ReallY?

Kimonos and Sushi(OLD BLOG) said...

I love your bow tie quilt. Gosh what a lovely stipling on your quilt you certainly have been very busy.

Susan said...

You certainly have been busy. I like the Faded Memories quilt and hope to see more. The bow ties are cute too.