Tuesday, September 29, 2009

2,5000 Miles Of Fun

We are back from our Colorado vacation and what a great time we had....now back to reality and laundry!!! We saw so many great sights along the way, beautiful blue sky, Fall starting to show it's colors and SNOW!!!!! Here's a sampling of our great trip.

Mesa Verde National Park........such an amazing place to visit and hike around
On our way to Independence Summit.....natures lesson in contrast. We were probably a week too early for the full show, but nonetheless, the colors were spectacular!
Oh don't even think about throwing that thing!!!!! BRRRRRRR it was cold, even these motorcycle riders were trying to get some shelter from the sleet and snow

So this is part one of our adventure. Either me or blogger are having trouble downloading pictures...most likely me. Think I am rusty after being gone for two weeks. Nice to be back home and now off to the blogs!!! Missed you people!!!!!!!!! See you later gators :-)!

16 comments:

Kris said...

I would love to go there! Looks like a great trip! Welcome home!

Carrie P. said...

Snow! Looks like an fascinating place to visit.

Allie said...

Wow that looks like a FABULOUS trip! Love the pictures [except for the snow - it'll be doing that here all too soon!]

Unknown said...

Unbelievable, snow in September!! Glad you had a nice vacation, but glad you are home.

Thimbleanna said...

Welcome back! I can't believe you ran across snow! I LOVE Mesa Verde -- we had it on our plan for this summer but we ran out of time -- I was soooo sad!

QuiltSue said...

Some stunning views there, but snow? In September? Nooo....You'll be telling me it's almost Christmas next.

Anne Heidi said...

The pictures are great! Looks like you had a wonderful trip!

Searchfamilies said...

What great photos shows a lovely trip welcome back
Hugs Janice

Carol said...

What a wonderful trip! YIPPEE for retirement!

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

Welcome back! SNOW! NOOOOOO! I'm not ready to see snow! No no no!!! LOL. Okay, 5 years ago, I saw snow in June so I shouldn't complain.... and I was in Alaska at the time. Can't wait to see more pictures of your adventures.

Red Geranium Cottage said...

Great pics Polka Dot!! But did you say HIKING?? NO NO NO!! We dont hike, we shop and quilt. Say it with me.
Man those people looked frozen in that one picture. lolol That will be me in a month. I'll look like an eskimo.
Doesnt' Mr. Dot know not to throw a snowball or anything else at a menopausal woman??

Red Geranium Cottage said...

Ok I'm commenting to check out my account. It's doing strange stuff.

Quilter Going Bananas said...

Welcome home Cheryl! Don't like the pics of the snow, it'll be here in the "Great White North" (aka Canada) all too soon!

Jantine said...

Whow what a gorgeous pictures. I especially like the one with a kind of houses underneath a rock... And sunshine and snow together is always a strange combination.

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Looks like an amazing trip Cheryl! Congratulations on your exicting news - another gorgeous grandson to spoil!

julieQ said...

I have a pictue with that very same Independence Pass sign! I was born in Colorado, and sure miss it.