Friday, January 14, 2011

Word Up!

Kelly, our fearless leader of the Charming Girls Quilt Club has set a challenge to us........."We're choosing a word the identifies what we'd like to see more of in our lives in 2011 - what we want to cultivate in our lives!  It's a word to reflect on throughout the year - and to help us "live our best life" as Oprah would say!"   I thought this would be easy to pick a word, but I've had to sit with this for a few days and then it came to me.  GRATITUDE...a feeling of thankfulness and appreciation.  That's it!! Eureka!!!  I have so much to be thankful for.  My wonderful sweet family, my extended family and my many "in" person friends and bloggy friends, all of which are always there to support and encourage me.   I am very, very lucky.  Kelly, in her words, said she stole this idea from Diane, one of our Charming girls, but I'm going to say borrow!  Thanks to Kelly and Diane....I am so grateful to you both for coming up with such a wonderful idea!!!

7 comments:

Annelies said...

We have the same word....and we both are so blessed that it couldn' t be a better word. I OWE you an email, and it will come as I can sit for a few moments. We are on VERY close baby watch. Exciting and nerve wracking ALL at the same time. I am grateful for YOU!!!! XXX

Carol said...

What a great word! Gratitude...we all have much to be thankful for!

Kelly@ Charming Chatter said...

What a wonderful word you chose - so many things to be grateful for. Wishing you an attitude of gratitude in 2011!!

Allie said...

That's a great word Cheryl!!! And a good reminder to us all!

Mary Anne Drury said...

I must say you picked a good one!! I need to adopt that one too and get rid of my current word of "whining" .... :)

Thimbleanna said...

A great word -- how fun! We should probably all have that word!

Jocelyn said...

What a wonderful word Cheryl. I think your word is a great heart word. We all have so much to be thankful for, and keeping a heart of gratitude helps us to have a better attitude ;-)