Monday, January 9, 2012

A UFO Finish…..and Tuts for the Christmas Through The Year Club

001
Hopping around the blogs I kept seeing all the cute pillows being made, using the Miss Rosie’s Full House Schnibble pattern…at quilt camp I got my pillow top done and then put it aside!!  Figured I would work on it some time next year.  Well Carol challenged me to finish up a UFO each month this year….and here is my finished pillow006.
Feels good to get something done right away and yes that was taken a couple days ago so Christmas has been slow coming down.  Tomorrow the last of the boxes will be tucked away!
christmasthroughtheyearbutton Darlene and I have had a good response to year two of the Christmas Through The Year Club, and we are both so excited to continue on with Allie’s club.  Thanks to Pinterest and emails from friends I have some more Tuts to share!!
Anna at Thimbleanna has this really cute Purse KPurse27 Thingy (her words!) tutorial…link up here.  You might as well have a cup of coffee, you will be there for a while.  So many wonderful ideas.  Karen at Sew Many Ways has this really sweet Fabric Bookmark….tut here.189854940511055540_ygnhcrGB_b
This would also be a great teacher gift.  Again, grab that coffee there is lots to see at her blog….and if you haven’t visited on Tool Time Tuesday have a peek tomorrow.  She comes up with some amazing things.
I have always wanted to make a casserole cover house 015 copy for myself, but I’m thinking  they would make great gifts too. So over at 2littlehooligans there is this great tutorial.   Again, cup of coffee time…another great blog!
Allie, who is cheering Darlene and I on, sent me the link for a really cute Mushroom Needle Book.  She found it over at Loralynn's blog, My Art, My So Called Life... another great blog!!! Wasn’t sure I could use the picture but the link will take you there.  Stina at  Kviltstina has this 168603579769409907_7aY04X0C_bso, so cute Christmas Pincushion tutorial. This is a three part tutorial…here is part 1 , part 2, and part 3.   Another wonderful blog and you will definitely be spending time here too!
Lastly, a very cute  spider web potholder at Jay Bird Quilts……here’s the link….once again another wonderful blog filled with tons of great ideas and tutorials.
This club is open to everyone…jump in whenever you can!   There is a giveaway each month which Darlene is working on…you are going to love it!!! If you have a tutorial you would like to share email either Darlene or myself and we would love to feature it!!  Happy Tuesday everyone.

14 comments:

Allie said...

That pillow is way too darling, Cheryl, love it! What is it about houses in quilts....oh my.

Great tutes! And I should have said that I saw that mushroom needlebook on Loralynn's blog first, her blog is My Art, My So Called Life...GREAT blog. SORRY!

Darlene said...

Awesome tutorials - wow, wow, wow!

I love your pillow - need to get mine finished. Did the one for my DD but not mine. Ugh! LOL

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Love the pillow. Super bunch of tutorials.

Thimbleanna said...

Your pillow is just too cute! I can't believe you have a finish already this year -- Congratulations! And thanks for the shout out. I need to sit down and plan some stuff -- I did buy some yarn the other day for a few gifts for next year -- guess I should actually make them!

Sherri said...

My Christmas was slow coming down this year, too...just finished it Saturday, actually!

Wendy said...

The pillow is so cute. I'm working with you guys on getting some gifts done each month. Thanks for sharing the links.

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

No more! no more! I had a nice SHORT list of Christmas gift ideas and you just keep adding to it! Your pillow is super cute too. I ordered the pattern and a couple of charm packs of "Reunion" for it.

Cardygirl said...

Great projects...love that house pillow!

Terry said...

Your finished pillow looks wonderful! I love that tree quilt you have behind it too! :0)

Anonymous said...

Wow! Cheryl your sewing is all amazing. Love the cushion :)

deb said...

really really cute and Im lovin the tutorials!!!!!!! cant wait to make the pincushion!!!!

Kelly@ Charming Chatter said...

I so heart that pillow - too CA-UTE! And, what wonderful tutorials - thanks for sharing!!

Erica at Sew So Crafty said...

Just love your pillow especially the colour combo ... too divine! Sooo excited about joining in the xmas gifts thru the year ... great way to keep motivated ... off to sign up!

Anonymous said...

Love your Full House pillow. Thanks for sharing the tutes.