Sunday, January 20, 2013

A Bit Of Sewing…Rehab Report …and A Fun Sew Along

 010 We are enjoying some beautiful weather…it’s warmed up a bit and today we actually have the house open, feels so good.  I finished up my Valentine topper, (Crazy Eight Strip Teaser Topper…pattern can be found here) and then got inspired to get two blocks done BOMrehab175 for Sinta’s BOM Rehab group.011  I am so excited
about working on this quilt.  I had decided it would have to wait till next Fall, but thanks to Sinta it will get done!!

When a couple bloggers get together and start brain storming you know a good idea will be hatched!!  That’s just what Kathy and Darlene have done.  Using this bookP1150002 , the plan is to make a mini quilt every other month, starting with February. Darlene was so inspired she already made a mini. This is a no stress group!! No competition, no commitment, just joining in when you can.  If you play along in 2013 you would end up with six mini quilts to show for it.  Kathy will have a link up over at her blog in February.  This sounds right up my alley…..now how about you????? 

There won’t be much sewing happening this week, too busy with other things.  The most important is celebrating Little Dots 3rd birthday…….party to start in about an hour!
Wishing you all a very happy week!

14 comments:

Christine M said...

Happy birthday Little Dot! I hope you enjoy your party.

Carol said...

Happy Birthday Little Dot...can't believe he's 3...I'm playing along one the little quilt sew along with Darlene and Kathy...looks like lots of fun! ENJOY the birthday!

sunny said...

A Dot Party! How fun. I've had my eye on that book. May have to make the purchase.

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

3 already??? Your WIPs are looking good.

Kindred Quilts said...

That's a very cute Valentine topper! Is it a kit? So happy you will be joining the every- other-month-Simply-Charming-no-pressure-mini-quilt-club... or whatever we are! :)

Darlene said...

As our little Shaye would say..."Happy Day to you, Happy Day to you, Happy Day Dear Little Dot, Happy Day to you". :-) I hope you had a wonderful time at the party. I can't believe he's already 3. Shaye turned 2 last Sunday - hard to believe.

I love, love, love your Valentine topper.

But, I love that you spent some time sewing. Big, big woohoo!!!!

Anonymous said...

happy birthday little Dot and love your valentine topper Cheryl,well done.xx

Cheryl said...

Oh, I have always wanted to make the pattern for your sweet Valentine's table topper. Yours came out lovely. Have to just watch the rest of you have fun with the monthly quilt project...too many irons in the fire already.

Thimbleanna said...

Looks like you're keeping busy, having fun, and getting lots done. Happy Birthday to your little Dot!

Wendy said...

I have the book too, will try and quilt along.

Jocelyn said...

I would love to participate but no sewing until my wrist heals. I will be watching though :-)

Sinta Renee said...

I love your Christmas blocks! And happy birthday to the little D! I need to check out that book... who doesn't love little quilts?

Anonymous said...

Thank you for posting on that spiral log cabin pattern. I had come across a Halloween themed one over a year ago and couldn't even remember now on whose blog I found it. Now I know where and how to get the pattern. Welcome back to rehab!

Nicky said...

Your BOM progress is lovely Cheryl. I hope your Little Dot had a wonderful birthday too...