Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Back to my routine!

Think I'm getting back in to the swing of things. Caught up on my sleep and worked my three days at the shop! Now I'm off for four days. I'm planning on gearing up for our Thanksgiving extravaganza!

Thought I would give a turning of color update on my trees-they just aren't cooperating this year! We have been having unusually warm days, so I'm afraid the beautiful show they normally put on is just not going to happen this year :-( !

Lots of pretty quilts to look at this week at the quilt shop. This quilt belongs to Jennifer in the Monday night group. The picture just doesn't do the quilt justice - it's so pretty.
All three of these quilts belong to Jan who comes to class on Mondays. They will be coming home with me for a while so I can get the bindings on them.

If you look closely, in the bottom picture my friend Carol's dog Chester is making an appearance! He's the best dog in the whole world and he loves to come to the quilt shop and greet all the customers.

Friday night will be another late night sewing with the Monday gals and I'm hoping to get both of my swap items done, if not the Chocolate police might come and get me .......YIKES!! Hope everyone is having a good week and getting lots of projects done!

12 comments:

Carol said...

Wonderful quilt show! Thanks for sharing...glad you're getting rested up.

Darlene said...

A great way to start the day - with beautiful quilts to look at. Thanks for sharing!

Paula, the quilter said...

Is Jennifer's quilt a one block wonder? It is stunning.

Cheryl said...

Thanks ladies! I'm not getting much done but it's wonderful to look at what others are doing to keep me inspired! Yep, that's the one block wonder Paula. Wish you could see it in person...it's a beauty!

Anonymous said...

Those are some beautiful quilts! Did I actually come across another fellow Southern California blogger? I have not been to this Calico Horse of which I read in your blog. I may have to check it out sometime, if I can ever get my husband to stop the car when we are out that way.

Cheryl said...

You'll have to come by Beth. Donna's shop is really wonderful!

Anonymous said...

HI!!!! I miss you!!! And yes the chocolate police will be knocking on your door if your not done. Well when I get home I'll do some knockin!! LOL Boo and I are going to the quilt shop on Sat and the holiday home tour on Sun. WOO HOO
Great quilts your showing there. And your tree is still pretty. Glad your rested up somewhat.

Anonymous said...

Loved looking at the quilts and reading your blog. Another Southern Californian! Where's Calico Horse? I'm intrigued! This is all new to me...and I can't wait to really start quilting. Thanks for the inspiration!

Kim said...

Cheryl, you really, really have to CHANGE THE NAME OF YOUR QUILTING GROUP! Really! It's just too confusing. I'm sure if I was part of it, I'd never know when to show up! LMAO! Beautiful quilts--thanks for showing them to us.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the nice compliment on my blog, Cheryl. We have some things in common...same kids, nearly same ages,I get a wonderful new daughter in law in January, and I ALSO have liquidambers (sweet gum) trees that are VERY late in turning color! I can sympathize with you! I'll have to find the Calico Horse next time I'm in Redlands!!

Cheryl said...

We do have a lot in common Carol!
I just love my daughter in law ..like one of my own. I'm afraid the liquid ambers will loose all their leaves before they turn :-(!

Nan said...

I am far behind in my blog reading, as usual, and I'm glad I started with yours! Those quilts are simply gorgeousness!! I am sighing hugely - I wish my points were that perfect!
You know a "watched tree doesn't turn colors" right? LOL!!!
Chester looks like a sweetie pie.