Sunday, July 26, 2009

Scorching Hot!!

It's Sunday afternoon and a bit of a scorcher. I am trying hard to embrace the heat....but not doing a very good job I'm afraid. So something quilty needs to happen. An easy peasy alphabet quilt for baby Polka Dot.

Saturday was a day spent sewing with friends. Scrappy quilts never cease to amaze me. The top one is a great lesson in saving scraps. Sewing it together we were wondering how in the heck is this going to work...but we all loved it when it was done. The bottom one, a sweet snowball quilt with charm squares. Both of these were sewn with the Quilts of Valor group. And who knew......cucumber lemons!! The yummy taste of a cucumber with a hint of lemon......so good and soooo cute!!!! Thanks Pat for introducing us to
them :-) !

Summer means some pool time and baby Polka Dots cousin Caroline is visiting
so Friday there was some pool time and cooling off time. Hard to believe our little dot will be one year old in a couple weeks!

Wishing everyone a happy week and hoping that you have some time to do what makes your heart happy!! I stole that phrase from my friend Nan!!!!!

8 comments:

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Little PD knows how to cool off... the scrap quilts are amazing and I just love the alphabet quilt too; stay cool if you can!

Allie said...

Love the quilts!!!! Stay cool - the pool is a great place to be when it's hot!

Kim Brackett said...

Very cute alphabet quilt. Love the fabric. And the scrap quilts are very nice. That's a lotta squares and triangles in the top one!

Dandelion Quilts said...

Look at those cute quilts...great job to all involved!

Mel said...

Staying cool and motivated in the summer is hard for me!

Seeing other's great projects help!
Thanks for sharing!

jen duncan said...

How many ABC quilts is baby polka going to end up with? ;-) That preprinted panel is awful cute. Sorry it's soo stinkin' hot down there. I'm heading to the San Joaquin valley this week so I'll be sufferin' too!

Red Geranium Cottage said...

Well look at you Miss Chatty. Love the quilts, the baby, and that cucumber/lemon?? What is up with that?? Never heard of that before. Not sure I like my cucumber and my lemon getting together if you know what I mean??? lol

Nan said...

Love the quilts, especially the scrappy one. And cucumber lemons? I had no idea they existed! Sounds yummy!
Look at Mr. Luke in the pool - he's getting so big, isn't he?
How funny - you "stole" my phrase. You make me laugh! Feel free to "steal" anything else I say. LOL