Monday, October 26, 2009

Excuse Me Ma'am...Is That an Otter On Your Head?

Our girl has the best time...and yep, that's an otter on her head.Tooooooo cute!!!

Tis the season for BINDINGS !!! Three done on top and two waiting to get done on the bottom. That's my friend Carol's wonderful candy quilt on top. I'll see her tomorrow and get a full view picture. It's so sweet and yummy looking too. There is another stack waiting in my sewing room, so any thought of quilting will have to wait for a while.

Today I went and bought a bag of crushed walnut shells to have on hand for some pincushions I want to get done. Here is what I found when I opened up my trunk .......opppppps!! I knew that was a bad idea when I put it in there!

Last week was a fun one. An evening spent with a friendship group (way too much laughing and carrying on), and Saturday sewing with the Quilts of Valor group. Pat who has organized this group has done such an amazing job, and each and everyone of us has gotten way more out of being part of this group than she could ever imagine.

Chookyblue has made my blogging so much easier. Don't know how I missed the memo about having comments sent to email, but it is so much faster to email people this way! Now she has a trick about emailing your pictures to yourself to make it easier to post....hmmmmm!! I don't know, this one might be over my head but I'll give it a whirl. Thanks Donna!!!!! And our bloggy friend Miss Sharon has been a bit under the weather. Hope you are up and about soon Sharon. I know those kiddos are missing you like crazy!
Happy week everyone!

16 comments:

Kris said...

Oh you lucky sewing lady you!!!
I wish I had the time to do all the wonderful projects you get done. One day....
Happy post...and hope you got your shells up without losing too much. Was that a real otter?
And I will have to drop Sharon a little note. Sorry to hear she is sick.

QuiltSue said...

I love doing bindings, but only when the weather is wet/cold/windy/whatever so I can sit in front of the TV (daytime TV, how decadent!) with a good film or something and sew at the same time. Probably one of my favourite waus to spend a day.

Chookyblue...... said...

goodluck with the bindings........love the pic with the otter...........
pleased to help with the comments now if you would only give the pics a go you will be in heaven.........lol

Searchfamilies said...

Your projects look lovely, don't get crushed walnut shells here
hope you get all you want done
Hugs Janice

Unknown said...

How on earth did she get an otter on her head? Isn't it nice to get bindings done. I can't wait to see the whole quilt complete.

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

busy busy! Have fun with the bindings. I need to finish getting the binding done on Punkie's quilt. I'm tired of looking at it on my end of my ironing board!

Colleen formerly of South Africa said...

Love that candy quilt....and I so hate to put on binding.... I usually end up putting the quilt on the bed...then binding before I change it out for another.

Allie said...

Awww - I want an otter!
Yes it is the season for bindings, I'm putting seven on tonight but the quilts are very small, lol! Your group sounds very fun.

jen duncan said...

Glad things are well with you Cheryl. I want to make pincushions now, just because I'm so happy to have learned about using walnut shells to stuff them. :-)

Carrie P. said...

You get to see lots of pretty quilts. The candy one sure is pretty.
I bought some of the shells too but I am glad I didn't have the same mess. lol

Red Geranium Cottage said...

***

Red Geranium Cottage said...

Sorry that was a test. lol

Thimbleanna said...

Ohmygosh -- I'm assuming that's a TAME otter LOL! Also too funny, I've just posted the solution to your walnut shells -- I was afraid the same thing would happen to me!

Dandelion Quilts said...

Looks like fun. One time I had an entire bottle of windshield wiper spill in my trunk, leak down into my tire holder....in the freezing winter. :)

Deb said...

Would you happen to know or be able to find out the name and source of your friend's Candy Quilt? It's just soooooo stinkin' cute~ I'd love to be able to add it to my library of ideas!!

Thanks~

Threeundertwo said...

I had to click on the picture to see it bigger - it IS an otter! Omigosh there's a fun story there.

I love that candy quilt. So festive. And where does one buy walnut shells?