Sunday, October 18, 2009

The Quilt Police Are Coming!!

That's the word on the street.....no quilting happening, my quilting card is going to be revoked!! YIKES, this could be trouble. Let's start with the excuses.....not home much, playing tons with little Polka Dot, and that mojo thing. My posts lately have all had the same tone...but I really want to be productive, I just need more hours in the day!

I have managed to get bindings done for some peeps and got this quilt back from the quilting sisters and will get the binding on it way in time for an Xmas gift. Beautiful quilting!

Yesterday I met my friend Lani for one of our annual quilt shopping/lunching expeditions. Wow, the quilt shops were a big let down. Not even a pattern to entice us. Now that's kind of scary, but Lani brought three of her beauties to share, so we did another car quilt show! I always enjoy seeing what she is making because I know I am going to want to make them too, and she didn't disappoint!! I was very lucky to receive some wonderful Fall goodies from her. She definitely knows what I like! We had a good laugh, because I had given her a turkey wall hanging out of the same line as the wonderful bag she made me....Gobble, Gobble by Moda.....great minds we decided! The pumpkin sign is just so perfect as well as the Moda Home coasters! Such a fun day but way too short. We are planning a quilt weekend get together, or may be even a quilt retreat.....hmmmmm, some planning needs to begin.

"Mom could you make me this quilt?" Words a quilter/mother loves to here. I have been hunting down this fabric after my girl saw it in a magazine and now have all the pieces...oh yeah, there's that time thing. But once again I am determined. Ok, so I have some monthly challenges I still want to try to meet, but my girl comes first!!!

I haven't visited many blogs lately and that just has to change. This time of year it is so wonderful to see all the goodies being made, so a definite priority has to be some much needed blogging time. I leave you with a picture of a one of my new favorite finds...these stinkin cute battery operated scented luminaries from Febreze. LOVE THEM, and there's a cute snowman coming out for Xmas!!

By the way, if the quilting police are out and about asking about me.....you haven't seen or heard from me! PS....thanks for the nice birthday wishes!

16 comments:

Janet said...

Oh NO ! There are quilt police? !!
Hide me quick 'cus they'll be looking for me I'm sure!

Annelies said...

How sad are we....just went to a quilt show and didn't buy ONE thing. I had a new paycheck just dying to be spent too??? What is missing. Lots of new fabrics just not turning me on and patterns ( other than the new one i just designed !!!!) just not making me jump up and down. I guess life is just saying "use your stash" and I have been.
But we leave next week for the Central Coast....maybe some quilt shops that will entice me then. XXX Annie

Allie said...

Ack not the quilt police! Love Lani's quilts and your quilt is just lovely. Sorry the quilt shops let you down!

Anonymous said...

I think you need an assistant to help you with retirement. May I submit my application? Very lovely presents your friend gave you.
Bonnie in Texas

Red Geranium Cottage said...

HEY I've not seen that Febreeze thingy. I need one of those.
Great gifts from your friend. I like the fabs that KT picked out.

Thimbleanna said...

You're so funny -- should we send bail money? Do you think the reason that quilt shops are no longer exciting is because we read about all the fun stuff on blogs long before it's available in the shops and then when it finally hits the shops it's just old to us???

QuiltSue said...

In my not-so-humble opinion, part of the missing-mojo thing is that there is nothing new coming out at the moment. I look at the fabrics and think "seen it before" and I haven't seen a book that I had to buy for ages, etc.

PS, I'm sending this anonomously so the Quilt Police don't get my address!

Searchfamilies said...

Nice to hear that you DD wants a quilt, hope you get to keep the quilting police away we don't want you in trouble lol
Hugs Janice

Jocelyn said...

Oh no! Not the quilt police!! Better keep them at bay until you can get that old machine fired up. p.s. I love your schnibbles :-)

Red Geranium Cottage said...

TESTING TESTING...............POLKA DOT TEST!!!
:-)

Jennifer said...

Oooh... your daughter has fabulous taste in fabrics! I just love it when my daughter asks for a quilt, a doll quilt, or even a cute handmade skirt. It makes me smile knowing that she loves and appreciates handmade crafts. This is my first time on your blog; it is wonderful... a new favorite for me!

Nanette Merrill said...

You are funny. Well I've not been visiting my blogs much lately either. So if they lock you up for that, let me know so I can run! Cute stuff really. Love all the pics.

Chookyblue...... said...

little polkadot sure has grown...........you will get back into your sewing........love the pics from your holiday.........maybe you could try emails your pics to your blog posts..........there is a help on my sidebar for that one too.........

Sherri said...

Quilt Police???Don't tell them where I am!!! Love that Febreeze thing...hadn't seen those! I've noticed my LQShops aren't as exciting any more...do you think it's because we see so much on-line that everything is old news by the time it hits the shops?

Carrie P. said...

The gifts from your friend are so nice.
Those colors for your daughter's quilt are lovely. My daughter would have picked the same ones.

Mama Spark said...

I have that same fabric that your girl likes!! I like it a lot too. There is a pattern on the website for that line if you are still looking for a pattern.

Quilt police, you say? YIKES!!