Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Tickled Pink Tuesday

A while back my partner in crime, Allie and I   tickled%20pink%20final3[1] decided we would use Tuesdays to post positive things….  Might not be big giant doings, but just something that’s positive!!  If you  would like to join in please free to grab the wonderful button Allie made and join us!

004

….and oh yeah this is positive!!!  My pumpkin is all pieced and will be sent off tomorrow to be quilted …RELIEF!!

This is not my quilt, but I’m doi002ng the binding for a friend…..it is stinkin’ cute!!

001 

 

 

Notice all those sweet little crabs made with that shrinky dink fabric…..CUTE!!!  The friends they are visiting this week go crabbing all the time.  She is so excited to give them the quilt.  I am so excited for her….she did an amazing job .

003

One thing I tackled this week was my thread box.  With all the bindings I do there is such a wide range of colors I need.  JoAnns had thread 50% off so I filled in some color ways.   Inheriting my friend Deb’s thread stash still has me with016 a huge inventory of lights, browns, and blacks…so now I am really stocked.  This is the sweet little hanging my friend Carol made me……very appropriate for Tickled Pink Tuesdays!!

The weather here is hot and humid.  I’m trying not to focus on that.  So thinking of my monthly Xmas 005project helps, and then there’s this ……I have something brewing with this panel! 

Hope this finds you tickled about something …… Happy mid week to everyone.

15 comments:

Mary said...

Love the crab quilt. The colors are a fit for summer. Have a great day!

Allie said...

Yay you finished your pumpkin! Definitely tickle-worthy! Oh my gosh Cheryl you must tell what pattern that crab quilt is, I LOVE IT.

Good for you on getting your thread in order, I packed more than half of mine away - when I first got into machine embroidery, we found some good deals and I have tons of rayon thread. Not so good for quilting, though I do use it for thread painting. Somehow I missed that sale on thread, darn it.

That wallhanging Carol made for you is so sweet!! [No pun intended, honest.]

Valspierssews said...

I love the pumpkin and crab quilts. They are so creative. Your thread stash is fabulous and so neat looking. The big cupcake looks yummy. 'Be positive' is such an important thing to remember. I love your tickled pink Tuesday.

Kris said...

YOu so inspire me Cheryl. I NEED to get to sewing and STAT!!!

Dandelion Quilts said...

I love the pumpkin quilt. You know, fall is my favorite. And that crab quilt is just adorable...really adorable.

JudyCinNC said...

Love that crab quilt, since I was a Hampton High School Crabber cheerleader. Can you share the pattern name/designer? Judy C in NC

Thimbleanna said...

Ohmygosh -- you're doing Halloween too! You're WAY too organized. That little crab quilt is adorable!

sunny said...

That crab quilt is adorable! I'd love to know the name of the pattern. What a perfect summertime beauty.

Carol said...

That crab quilt is as you say "so stinkin cute!". I love it. And your patched pumpkin, adorable. Can't wait to see it all quilted up.

Terry said...

Congratulations on your pumpkin quilt! It looks great! And those little crabs are so cute! :0)

Carol said...

YIPPEE! Your pumpkin is finished! It's wonderful...and that crab is about the cutest ever!

deb said...

well imagine that...positive things..what a welcoming idea!!!! Love the crab quilt..just adorable!!!

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

Your pumpkin looks fabulous! That crabby quilt is super cute too! Great job on the binding! Have a good one!

Carrie P. said...

Your fall pumpkin should make you feel cooler. lol.
That crab quilt is so great.
Your rainbow of thread look so pretty.

Ruth K said...

Can I ask also for the crab quilt pattern designer name or whereabouts I can get it? I share the same opinion of everybody your pumpkin quilt looks great. Thanks.