Friday, July 6, 2012

Pay It Forward

A short while back Terry over at Terry’s Treasures , posted about a Pay It Forward she was opening up…..  WANTED-- three people who would be interested in re005ceiving a handmade gift from her some time during the next year.  Today this is the wonderful goodness I received from her.  She had posted this sweet heart project on her blog a bit back, and I loved it went I saw it, and now I am so lucky to have it!!  Also included was a sweet doily and some beautiful floss.  Thanks so much Terry.   To continue on the Pay It Forward, I am looking for three people who would like to receive a homemade gift from me during the next year.  You must have an active blog  and agree to pass on the PIF to three people as well.  If you are interested just leave me a comment.

Terrydscn3966 is also starting a Scrappy Star Quilt-Along in August……two blocks per month.  Now that seems pretty darn doable to me….and I am actually considering using my 30’s stash.  If you would like to join in, you can sign up over at Terry’s blog.

I have really been trying my best to concentrate on getting UFO’006s done.  This Christmas table runner was started about 4 years ago.  It’s so stinkin’ easy, why oh why did I put it away?!!!  Here’s the shocking part….I am actually going to quilt it myself.  Crosshatch the whole thing…right thru the borders, then rickrack will go down both sides….easie peasie I hope!!

So what’s your plans for the weekend??  My son and The Granddots are taking Papa to The Angel game tomorrow night so I know where I will be….sewing room here I come!  Happy weekend everyone. 

8 comments:

Darlene said...

Lovely gifts from Terry!

Love the tablerunner and quilting plans are perfect. Enjoy your evening in the sewing room. You know Papa will enjoy the Angels and the Granddots. :-)

Jeanne said...

Great tablerunner! I wish I had the answer as to why we put off these easy projects. I could sew for years with just the things I have started or planned to start.

Terry said...

I'm so happy you like the goodies I sent to you! And congrats on working on that old UFO! Have fun finishing it off! Thanks for mentioning the sew along too! :0)

Dirt Road Quilter said...

Now how am I supposed to finish all of my UFO's when you go posting scrappy star quilt alongs like that?! I love your table runner - great colors and scrappy always steals my heart.

sunny said...

Love your PIF gift! I'm already doing one, so I can't sign up for yours. But I may consider signing up for the SAL.

Deanna said...

I would play PIF, if you don't already have enough people, that is.

Angela said...

I love doing PIF. Would gladly play along if you still need someone. I recently did it on Facebook. Have my people all taken care of and have even received some goodies too.

Bobbie said...

i would love to be a part of your PIF if you still need someone. I too put off my easy projects. I have one the should only take 20 minutes but have i started it? of course not.