Thursday, September 13, 2007

Some new projects!


I have some pretty great friends. Look what I received in the mail today from one of them! OK, here I am again doing that sideways thing, and it's a good thing it's 11:30 at night or Sharon would be getting a technical support call right at this very moment. Then the computer said I was having some problem with my cookies and how in the heck did the computer know I was eating cookies - I'm on a diet and I was eating my cookies in private! I see some late night reading in my future :-)!

So back to the projects. First off here's some stitcheries I probably started about 5 years ago. They are the four seasons and all I had left to do was summer. I had even found a window that they fit perfectly in - so now they are ready to go.


I Love, love, love this quilt. It's a Debbie Cafrey pattern called One More Time. This was probably started about 4 years ago, and just needed the borders. Now it's off to be quilted! It would have been perfect for my bed, but it's not quite big enough, so it will probably go on the window seat.
This is a quilt I started and finished on vacation. It is way out of my color box -probably out of my color planet. It's Holly Jolly by Moda - and one thing you gotta say is it's certainly bright! This was made using the 5 inch charm packs. I could have done without the blue but it took every charm square except 2 to make the quilt. Now last is a quilt that I had made for the quilt shop. When I got it back from being quilted we sold all the kits before I got the binding done --- then I stuck it away! OK, so this was about 6 years ago, but now it has the binding on! Think the kit was Cabin In The Woods By Moda. The girls that quilted it for me did a wonderful job. There are bears, acorns, leaves and all kinds of woodsy stuff quilted all over.
So you are probably wondering what has gotten in to me getting all these UFO's done - well I've been inspired by Vicki at Turkey Feathers!! I love that blog and she has a Finish What You Have challenge going on --- go over and check it out and catch the fevvvvvvvvver and pull out those UFO's. I'm afraid to say what I have done so far is just the tip of the iceberg.

If it wasn't so late I would write about lunch today with Sharon . Quite the tale.
It involves a cat fight at lunch over the bill and two old guys taking our picture
and I could go on and on but that will have to wait till tomorrow. Night everyone!

12 comments:

Unknown said...

My gosh you have been busy, I'm tired just reading about it. Your little stitcheries are very cute and I adore the One More Time quilt. Holly Jolly sure is bright and happy, sometimes we need to step or jump out of our comfort zone when it comes to colours.

Red Geranium Cottage said...

Now what was that dry mouth/gas saying??LMAO!!! I couldn't remember it exactly. But....dry mouthis better you gotta admit.
I had a great time with you yesterday.

Cheryl said...

I tend to quilt with the same colors Linda, so it always is a little scary to go out of my safe
little box!! I trimmed up the stitcheries this morning and hope to get them in the window tonight.

Cheryl said...

I'll take the dry mouth over the other anytime! Sharon thanks for all the websites for those shops
you visited! What window should we
eat lunch in next? :-)

Kim said...

Oh, my, there's that Holly Jolly again! I don't know if you saw my blog today, but I have the same problem--I REALLY like it and I don't know why because the brights aren't usually what I pick! I think it might be Sharon's influence--you too, maybe? LOL!

Carol said...

Me too, those Holly Jolly colors are way out there for me but I LOVE it! I read Sharon's blog this morning...I'll bet those men laughed the rest of the day.

Cheryl said...

Hey Kim you are right, it's Sharon's fault I got the Holly Jolly!! She's a sneaky one. I'll
check out your blog.

Cheryl said...

OK Carol, now we are all under Sharon's influence to make quilts
out of Holly Jolly! We all need
help. I tried my best to get those
old guys to laugt, but boy they
were having none of it. I think they thought we were crazy -- OK, OK I guess there's were the problem
was :-)!!

Red Geranium Cottage said...

Cheryl, the word is LAUGH not LAUGT. ROFLMAO!!!! No wonder they didn't LAUGH!!!!
And I'm happy to influence all of you alright!!!!

Doe said...

I was thinking of doing the same thing with my Holly Jolly charm packs.

It was good to see you today, Cheryl! Did you finish your x-mas stockings?

Cheryl said...

Didn;t you look at those guys I'm-
sure they were laugting Sharon! :-)

Cheryl said...

My stocking is not done Doe, but that class was fun. I learned some new techniques. The teacher said we were the roudy table, I can't imagine why?